1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Kenny Omega has left Japan but is he entering the Royal Rumble?

Following Styles footsteps after losing at Wrestle Kingdom. And those John Cena tweets.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Trust me, he's not. He's healing. It's a work.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What big name NXT guy can I expect to see debut at the Rumble?

Also I now have my very own List if Jericho clipboard. Ridiculous, I know, but it's also awesome.

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Samoa Joe would be my guess.

Love the RR card so far

Styles/Cena
    Owens/Reigns
    Charlotte/Bayley
    Swann/Neville

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Diamond Dallas Page
    "Ravishing" Rick Rude
    William Regal
    Christian
    "I.R.S." Mike Rotundo
    Earthquake
    Typhoon

Undertaker and The Rock are the rumored "main event"

6. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Okada vs Omega from G1 on AXS TV STARTING NOW!!!

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Okay that's the greatest pro wrestling match I've ever seen.

Kenny Omega is going to be the biggest star in the WWE, when he comes. Seriously. AJ, Shinsuke, Cesaro, etc can not hang with that ringwork. He's got the look, the character. Everything. A pure goldmine.

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

46 min of punishment

9. likestohypeguy

hahaha this is super interesting, this forum of "sports entertainment. good job all.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Ehh I mean I'm a Omega fan to but he was only in that spot because AJ and Finn left... He can be a top star no doubt but let's not act like he hasn't had 15 years of mediocrity before this year.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

I don't understand why people want Omega to go to WWE when he's killing it right now in New Japan and having the best story/feud in pro wrestling going against Okada. You want him to feud with who exactly in WWE that would produce that kind of quality in New Japan? Some of the moves will not fly in WWE. He can't work stiff all the time. Why have him neutered in WWE when you can get the best out of omega in New Japan? Watch NJPW if you are a fan of Omega.

12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

If I'm HHH and co. I'm completely fine throwing Omega in a fued from day 1 against Styles, Cena, Owens, Rollins. It might take a match or two against really solid competition like Sami, Finn, Cesaro, Dolph, etc but once he gets exposure with WWE fans who don't follow NJPW, he will be super over.

It's inevitable he's going to wind up in the WWE, it's his dream. What does he have left to do in NJPW. They aren't going to put the belt back on a foreigner for a while after Lesnar and Styles have bailed on them and Okada deserves it anyways.

He was an outstanding IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champ..beat some of the biggest names in the company..became the first foreigner too win the G1 Climax and one of only 7 foreigners too main event a wrestling show in the Tokyo Dome that list includes..Flair, Lesnar & Styles and had probably the match of the decade against the best on the planet. He's made his money. Sure he got the spot after Balor and Styles but he took over the biggest cash cow with the Bullet Club and ran it well, there's no reason Cody couldn't be next.

Obviously he can't work a match like he did at Wrestle Kingdom consistently but with the right athletic and bruising kinda guy he could pull 30 min title matches at WM, RR, SS. And just do heelish DQ in shorter matches on TV smaller PPV events

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Jimmy Snuka dead at 76 I think.He got away.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Anyone watch the UK tournament? The Mark Andrews/Pete Dunne match was fantastic. Andrews would be perfect in the cruiserweight division and Pete Dunne came out of the tournament looking like a star.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Kurt's gonna make the HOF intelligent, intense, and integritious(?) again!

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kurt Angle to be inducted to the hall of fame. Damn, wish they didn't announce this until after the Rumble so he could have been a surprise entrant.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So is it generally assumed he murdered that girl?

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Okada's finisher is a short arm clothesline??? With a weird looking set up too.

Other than that, great match.

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Japanese Wrestling is wierd. The lariat has always been regarded as one of the most devastating moves on the table. And legdrops are considered one of the weakest. Hogan had to use the big boot as his finisher when in Japan

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Samoa Joe is listed as one of the favorites to win the Rumble along with Strowman