1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

So you'd give away both Trez and Dekker for one guy that gives you the exact same thing Dekker does. Seems wasteful

2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

No.....I was just trying to get a visual. Seeing if it checks out on the trade checker.
    I believe others are suggesting it. I'm not sure I would do the deal. Leaves a lot of ?'s
    & possible turn-around over the summer. But Otto is like Ariza where he can play the 2,3 & 4.
    Guard 1-4 while hitting 43% from 3 this year. I really don't know if Dekker can play SF well.
    I think Dekker has found mismatches while playing PF & took advantage of it earlier in the
    season. Recently his 3-pt shooting has hit a snag. I would like to see how Otto does in
    Catch-n-Shoot, curling off screens, PnR, rbs, Drives, ect......stats. Will look later.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Sacramento in: KJ, Ennis & One 1st round pick
    Phoenix in: Brewer & Two 2nd round picks
    Houston in: Koufus, PJ Tucker & Barbosa

Bev/Barbosa/Brown
    Harden/Gordon/Tucker
    Ariza/Dekker
    Ryno/Harrell/Wiltjer
    Capela/Koufus/Nene/Onaku

#1103 DeathStar, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dekker doesn't give close to what porter does

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

Fishing more in New Orleans? ... Ajinca wants to be moved. He's 7-2, good defensive rebounder, good passer and good mid range shooter. Can alter some shots too. Weak mobility and struggles defending outside, don't know about his post defense. He would be very cheap and his style it fits with D'Antoni. And again is 7-2.

craguin and theDude like this.
  6. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Pretty soon the Knicks are going to have to look to blow it up. They may decide to shed some long term contracts for shorter and less expensive contracts.

New York sends Courtney Lee and Kyle O'Quinn
    Houston sends KJ McDaniels, Onuaku, Corey Brewer, 2nd Round Pick.

New York receives what essentially will be Brewers expiring contract next season and two young prospects who would fill a roster spot for a minimal amount of salary cap while they rebuild. They shed Courtney Lee and O'Quinns contract longer contracts. The second round pick will be of minimal value but allows them a look at a young player without guaranteed money.

Houston receives another strong two way player in Courtney Lee as he returns to Houston. Courtney provides excellent defense, good three point shooting, and another playmaker. O'Quinn would be a solid end of the rotation big man who can attack the glass.

mickey_angelo and BigMaloe like this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Quinn is a great fit and would become our first big of the bench.

Lee is a great fit.

It kills our flexibility.

I'd do it.

8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Tale of the tape: per NBA.com/stats......*Note site #'s: Dekker 36 gms & Porter 34 gms.
    Transition.......................freq......................ppp.................eFG%................league percentile....
    Dekker(18.7 min/gm)......24.4%..................1.21.................69.1%.......................72.4...............
    Porter(33.9 min/gm)........21.4%..................1.21.................61.4%.......................71.8................
    PnR (Roll-Man)...........................................................................................................................
    Dekker..............................4.4%....................1.00.................50.0%.......................47.0................
    Porter................................3.4%....................0.86.................46.2%.......................22.3................
    PnR (Ball handler).......................................................................................................................
    Dekker................................1.6%...................1.25..................50.0%....................(blank)..............
    Porter..................................6.1%...................0.88.................50.0%.......................67.3................
    Post up.......................................................................................................................................
    Dekker............................(....Site has no numbers for Dekker...)..................................................
    Porter.................................0.5%.....................0.50................50.0%......................(blank)..............
    Cut..................................................................................................................................................
    Dekker.................................6.4%.....................1.63................81.3%......................91.8...............
    Porter..................................9.3%......................1.63................81.8%......................92.2..............
    Off Screen....................................................................................................................................
    Dekker.................................6.0%......................0.80...............54.5%......................26.6..............
    Porter...................................6.6%.....................1.15................60.4%......................78.1..............
    Hand-Off......................................................................................................................................
    Dekker................................1.6%.......................0.0...................0.0..........................(blank)........
    Porter..................................3.7%......................0.93.................43.3%.......................55.8..........

per ESPN.com........mins.................ORPM...................DRPM..................RPM...............WINS....
    Dekker.....................18.7...................0.36.....................--0.47.................--0.11................1.40....
    Porter.......................33.9...................2.26......................1.34....................3.60................5.21....
    OPRM: Estimated on-court impact on team offense...
    DRPM: Estimated on-court impact on team defense...
    RPM: Estimated on-court impact on team performance...differential plus other stats....
    WINS: Estimate of the number of wins each player contributes to team win total x season...

per basketball-reference.com......ORtg...........DRtg........FT%........3P%..........Blk.........ast......pts....
    Dekker............................................117.............109...........58%........33%..........0.3.........1.1.....6.6.....
    Porter.............................................126..............107...........83%........43%..........0.7.........1.6.....14.1...

#1108 Jatman20, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston needs to buy a gordon level player rather than a bench player. Ryan seems not gordon level. Prefer it can score 20 plus in each matches. Today offensive is really sucks. Prefer all star level can become champion

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Soccer fan right?

raining threes likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

dtitus1 likes this.
  12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think we should get Tyson Chandler I'm sure it wouldn't take much

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Coaches are telling both Nene & Harrell to shoot more 3's. They are making them in practice.
    In game time Harrell is 1 out of 2 from 3 (50%); Nene is 3 out 6 from 3 (50%). Harrell is just
    playing within himself. Eventually he will open & expand his game. I noted before the path
    Draymond Green took. Green shot around 21% from 3 his first yr. Around 33% & 34% from
    3 the following seasons. Then he hit around 39%. Harrell could follow that path as well.
    Harrell was about 24% from 3 w/ over 4 attempts/ gm last yr with the Vipers. Keep working
    with John Lucas Mr. Harrell. Results apparently will follow.

ramotadab and justtxyank like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope you end up being right about Harrell. Adding the 3 ball from the 5 spot would make this offense deadly. I already see it with Nene.

They both have a good stroke and are accurate on jump shots, so there really isn't any reason why they can't shoot 3s. I'm convinced that Nene could be a volume shooter right now and hit above 35%.

Jatman20 likes this.
  15. micah1j

micah1j Member

I agree on Harrell becoming a stretch 4 soon. Probably not this year but he had a good stroke from outside in college. Its only a matter of time - especially if he stay with the Rockets

anchel and Jatman20 like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I have seen a lot of people overrating Dekker acting like losing him would be detrimental to this team's chemistry and success.
    We have to stop acting like he's another Chandler Parsons and accept that he's probably more like Chase Budinger. Aside from the white thing, he is athletic and knows how to play basketball, but can be replaced fairly easily. If other teams do see value in him, which I don't think they do the way this forum does, we should use him as an asset.

D-rock, BigMaloe and Jatman20 like this.
  17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Montrez Harrell........NBA.com/stats (16/17)
    .......................................freq....................ppp..................eFG%...............league percentile..........
    Transition.....................15.0%................1.34..................72.0.........................90.1.......................
    PnR (Roll-Man).............26.8%...............1.16...................57.8........................75.8.......................
    PnR (Ball Handler)........1.0%................2.00...................100........................(blank)....................
    Post ups...........................2.0%................1.00...................66.7......................(blank)...................
    Cut....................................27.8%.............1.44...................73.6.........................77.6.....................
    .............Off Screen.(N/A)...........................Hand Off (N/A)

ESPN.com Real Plus-Minus (16/17)
    ........................mins...............ORMP.................DRMP..................RPM..................WINS...............
    Harrell.............18.8..................0.27.................--0.05...................0.22...................1.21...............

per basketball-reference.com x Montrez Harrell
    ...................ORtg............DRtg...............FT%............Blk............ast............Pts............eFG%..........
    Harrell........128..............109................63%............0.8............1.1...........9.6.............64%...........

@justtxyank ....it's hard for me to let go of Harrell; Washington would
    get good return for a RFA they probably can't afford. Probably wouldn't send 1st rd draft
    picks. Maybe rights to foreign player(s) &/or 2nd rounder(s). Wish Rockets could trade x
    Otto Porter without using Montrez.

#1117 Jatman20, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think people are just actually starting to value chemistry here... Its not always about having the best players but the right players. I don't want any major moves this year because I don't want to upset the chemistry they are building.

theDude likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dekker was more lights out until a couple of weeks back. D'Antoni suggests he might have hit that rookie wall. It's tough to say what his value should be. I like the kid and we need him to return to form, especially with D'Antoni running the players we have left into the ground. But obviously Dekker isn't untouchable.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anything less than dekker/montrezl/1st will not get you Porter, even that package is likely not enough