1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to step up the James Harden All-Star push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I know the Rockets need our help.

Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous that the guy who is leading the MVP Race is questionable to be voted in by the fans, but that's the situation they are in today. Two guards can make it and the global crush on Stephen Curry and the media fascination with Russell Westbrook makes it so Harden is no lock.

Harden is averaging 28.5 points on 44.3% shooting, 11.8 assists and 8.4 rebounds.. He's third in the league in scoring, first in the league in assists and fourth in the league in three-pointers made. The Rockets were supposed to be a bottom-seed playoff team... instead they are 31-9.

Fan voting ends on January 16th (this Monday). We really need to step this up.

How to vote via social media:

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I've stepped up big time for him, retweeting all of the posts 10 times a day, commenting on Facebook, going to NBA vote etc.

Have you heard from the Rockets that it's not looking good?

BigMaloe and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I know there is concern. The OKC, GSW push is very strong as well.

BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was always concerned about this. And mentioned this in the Dish a few months back. I was pleasantly surprised to see Harden 2nd in the initial vote release. I guess the next release is tomorrow, 1/12. We'll certainly know more than on potentially how much ground Westbrook might have gained on Harden.

It's tough. Any voting system that can have ZaZa as a "front court" starter, really needs to be examined.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Clutch, do you think the inclusion of media and players for the voting help or hurt Harden?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Media/Players vote will help Harden in my opinion. He is changing the narrative slowly but surely.

malakas and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unbelievable. Has there ever been an NBA MVP that wasn't voted to start in the all-star game?

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

been voting daily

FANfrom86toNow and DonKnock like this.
  9. caneks

caneks Rookie

sure thing. always feel good to support our team

FANfrom86toNow and DonKnock like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I admit, I haven't been doing my part since the 1st returns were so encouraging. That's my bad. Voting as we speak.

BigMaloe, FANfrom86toNow and DonKnock like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Players: help

Media: hurt

Houstunna likes this.
  12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't know, most of the media has the MVP race as Harden vs. Westbrook, which logically means they should select him as one of the starters.

malakas and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

They are going to split between Harden/Westbrook and Curry, based on which one of the two they prefer

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Why would they split if most of them agree that Harden and Westbrook are the top two MVP candidates? Curry is getting no love for MVP. You think it's different criteria by the media for MVP vs. All-Star?

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

I think the media is actually going to help too. Most of them, from what I've read anyway (nba.com, etc.), would have Harden & WB starting.

I was actually surprised to see Harden with this many votes...main concern are the fans... Curry will most likely be the top vote getter in the West

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Even Zaza is getting crap load of votes, fan voting is such a popularity contest.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think the media is decidedly in the Harden is MVP camp. I know that Houston sports is often shat on, but with very few exceptions, I've seen most national media members picking Harden at the midway point.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes, being on an elite team is a huge boost for all-star, but could be a limiting factor for MVP (Bron, KD, etc.)

Media members that are pro-Westbrook are generally doing it at Harden's expense and are typically big Warriors fanboys. These people are not going to vote Harden+Westbrook when they are still so enamored with the Warriors. This is the same media that gave Curry the first ever unanimous MVP, they are not swayed as easily as us Rockets fans,

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The fan vote remains a mockery, especially given that All Star appearances have financial incentives. I've been voting, but it's hard to overcome the blind fandom of the media darlings like Curry, who has been unequivocally worse than Harden the entire year.

adw and DonKnock like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Also I think I need a twitter tutorial, I'm not sure how to vote with this thing. Going to NBA.com