1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni: Rockets can be a lot better on offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fallenphoenix, Jan 11, 2017.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Haymitch, Tha_Dude, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't believe I'm a Harden White Knight, I just find that the timing of people complaining about Harden's turnovers is awful. When we are on a 9 game win streak, why do people complain? Hence y I feel the need to lash out at these people nitpicking about Harden's game. Our man has his weaknesses, but when we winning no need to bring the mood down.

D-rock likes this.
  3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

If MDA really believes it, we do not need to trade anyone. We are already in the running for one of the top five offenses of all time. Mercy if we get any better. Then again, Harden is only playing like Oscar Robertson right now. Does he have yet another gear to go to?

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

/thread

shut down the garm

this is the pinnacle

see yall on serioustalk.net

Haymitch and justtxyank like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

What the thread should've been called:

Mike Dantoni Needs to Have A Serious Talk With The Chronicle Where They Imply Harden Needs To Cut Down On His Turnovers And Read Defenses Better.

Dantoni obviously reads CF.

justtxyank and Mr. Clutch like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if only they have just turned the corner already!

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Uh ok? How has harden's play indicated to you that he values his stats more than wins, as your original post says? He might chase down a rebound or an assist at the end of a game, but I've never seen him do it at the expense of team success.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm assuming that coach MDA wants to get them out there for as long as possible to get them used to the offense and playing together. Also, our style of play combined with the league taking more 3s makes keeping the rocket leads a tenuous affair. Harden is already playing less minutes than previous years, I think that's a win.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I can only imagine how great a post serious talk Rockets will be.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Our offense really hasn't been that good . We've been surviving based off the type of shots we take and the volume at which we take them .

Obviously you want 3's and layups but above all you want your shots to be open and products of the ball movement .

But I feel that despite the fact that we've been taking "efficient" looks , we haven't been getting as many "great" looks .

Clint being gone is huge . His alley oop presence right down the middle is devastating and we've had to run the pick and roll differently since he's been out .

DudeWah likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brewer taking over Gordon's minutes was painful this game. Is he really the next best option for us?

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

A reliable post scorer would help prevent the stagnant periods the team often goes through. DMo would've been nice, but Cousins would be awesome.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Pretty sure Cousins would be a train wreck.
    Hot-headed primadonna.
    Dwert Howard 4.0. Wants his touches and shots (see - Dantoni stints, NY and LA)

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, it might be the case given KJ seems to have checked out mentally. Maybe Ennis was worth playing a bit more? I was actually thinking MAYBE Bobby Brown would get minutes this game, he's a volume shooter and if he happens to be on might give us a nice little boost.

The other thing is we got really stretched because the bigs were both in foul trouble, so we had to go small at some point with Anderson at the 5 which made it necessary to put Brewer in more than we would have liked.

Really hoping we can pick up someone like M Chalmers or J Jack or even N Cole.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Other than gordon and harden, other players are not offesive! Their defence is suck

#75 elmotsangtt, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  16. riko

riko Member

Salty lin only fan you only come here to troll about harden ay bro? are you joomba with different id?

DudeWah likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Joomba or texasasianfan just stop.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

An improved offense requires:

1. Ricky Rubio
    2. A serious talk
    3. A serious talk about Ricky Rubio

19. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Bring in Dwight to facilitate.

T for 3 likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Yeah, what gall by MDA to be talking about turnovers when we're going so good. Fire him.
    :rolleyes: