1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Define: 'great Beas games' please. Scoring? Or playing winning basketball?

I believed, heck believe, Beas'd bring a greater return. Assume (?) more thought of TE.

But, 'even' without All-World MB I'd say Rox season is shaping up OK...

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just out of curiosity malakas, what initially made you a fan of the bucks and rocks

3. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Why is this still a topic?

MDA's system is working, and Beasley doesn't fit into it. We gave him the chance to earn minutes somewhere else. We picked up a trash PG in the process, but we needed that depth more than another forward.

roslolian and Deuce like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If we're speculating. I would say He didn't fit with Harden at the time. Beasley is a reluctant passer and only there to get his really. He's a great shooter, and would in the end stagnate the bench chemistry. Now if he bought in that would be a different story. I don't think he's out here trying to win championships. He is a hired gun.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Dumping Beasley might have been as much to add PG depth as it was to get him out of the locker room, despite his flashes last season.

It is really ok that our 31-9 squad doesn't have Michael Beasley. Let's move on.

roslolian likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Since in those three not good but great Beas games ended up in wins with him as the second most important contributor, it was winning bball.
    He shares the ball much more than last year.
    D still crap.
    His role in general is to stand in the corner and be a shooter/finisher. Not to create or go iso. Unless nothing else is working with Giannis /Delly/ Brogdog creating. This last game was an exception.

I won't lie. Since Beas has already contributed to 3 wins this season while Ennis hasn't, and he hasn't developed and has had his option declined, this trade has been a loss for the Rockets.
    But unless Beasley is traded at the deadline and brings back some asset that loss doesn't matter.

As a non american you don't have emotional ties since childhood with any NBA team. So it's like free buffet to choose whatever team you want as a grown up. (Before the last 4-5 years it was very difficult for kids to watch many NBA games in Europe). So since I love underdog teams who everybody underrates , overlooks or even hates, with not arrogant or bandwagon fans I chose the Rockets for my west team. I also like Harden. For the Bucks it's obvious why I chose them.
    I like my teams and I like their fanbases. I also am a fan of the nba in general so i watch many other games of other teams.
    But I was lucky because both of my teams are the teams that have the most highlights this season and probably in the next years to come. hehehe
    Last year they were the two most dissapointments but even then there were highlights.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

Dekker > Beasley, even with Dekker's mini slump

roslolian likes this.
  8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What is a rockets vs bucks game like for you? A win/win lose/lose situation? Or do you bleed rockets red haha

9. malakas

malakas Member

well...the two times a year it happens I'm not either much happy or sad whoever wins.
    Except when Parker last year had his carreer high and it happened to be vs the Rockets. Then I was happy. (for him tho) because before that game he looked like he would be a big bust. The last years Rockets were a trainwreck though.
    However the most exciting part is since I know both teams well to think how they will match up against each other. Whoever wins or loses I'm mostly meh.
    The only time this question will matter will be if they meet one year in the finals.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I doubt Beas can consistently put up 15, 20 points a game off the bench, this is once in a blue moon game

roslolian and malakas like this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If that ever happens clutchfans will fly you to game 7

malakas likes this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Thank you Beasley.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Game 7? We'll sweep them for sure! :p

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

maybe we can trade for this guy. think the bucks would take tyler ennis?

15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Morey ****ed up on this one! Would have been a perfect fit in this offense. I mean the one system where players get in trouble if they dont take shots and you trade away this monster talent. Bad morey! Bad!

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Most of the shots Beasley takes would make MDA bench him. There is probably no worse fit for this offense than Beasley.

basketballholic and anchel like this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Beasley may not fit the system, but Ennis is terrible. I would rather have had the talent on the bench that may not be utilized due to fit than just a terrible basketball player that doesn't really "fit" into any system

vtjsr2 likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Why? In your scenario, none of them are playing.

Also, there are other factors. Bad habits in practice and locker room, playing time for Dekker, we unfortunately needed Ennis for that 1 month period while Bev was coming back.

If Beasley is all that, he wouldn't be on a minimum contract.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I kind of always assumed it was a D'Antoni trade. Just a gut feel. Either way, I still don't think Beasley helps teams actually win games.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The guy can put the ball in the basket! Sometimes thats all you need in a ball game! Especially when The Rockets are known for going into Droughts in games.

Little Bit likes this.