1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

According to Bobby, that would be the receiver's fault.

Fulgore, TheRealist137 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  3. toycannon

toycannon Member

NE always win their opening playoff game big....NE 47 Houston 6

4. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Texans 24-17

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be intentionally stupid, it makes it easier to put up with how often you are unintentionally stupid.

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Ok. Someone with a football mind explain how, hypothetically, the Texans could realistically beat the Pats beyond just the 'they better play out of their mind" strategy. I'd be interested in hearing what BOB's gameplay should be for Sunday. Something more substantive than "Brady needs to get injured " would be nice. :)

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1) The defense completely shuts them down.

2) Savage somehow ends up starting.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He's always been this way. It's a total waste of time to even bother to respond to that dweeb. His arrogance mirrors that of the Cows fans who are already booking tickets for the Super Bowl.

10. today

today Contributing Member

If we play perfect, here's what it might look like: Our defense gets pressure on Brady consistently all day and holds NE to 1 TD and 3 FGs. Our offense has zero turnovers and gets us 1 FG, while Defense/Special Teams combine for 2 TDs. We win 17-16.

Losing 31-13 is what I expect.

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Obviously QB play is the big X Factor. Brock will have to play his best game of his career. The Texans thought he could be that guy, let's see.

Then why don't they just play Savage?

Cstyle42 likes this.
  12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

That would definitely be more of 'our game.' Let the #1 defense play its best defense and contribute on offense. Defensive backs need to keep Brady in check prevent any deep balls. I guess give up the short game?

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just throwing this out there. Obviously nothing to say it will happen. But Brock Osweiler and the number 1 defense last year beat Brady in the snow at Foxborough.. Obviously not saying it will happen, but it has. Haters... commence.

CisBuds4U likes this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Speaking of Cows fans buying SB tickets.. While the Pats got the easiest route to the SB cows have the hardest lol. I would pay really good money to see another Dez Bryant NO-CATCH on the 3 yard line to cost them the game.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

I mean maybe the big stage isn't too big for Brock. He's been there before. That's worth something. Maybe even a FG!

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

it didnt work last time, it wont work again.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the recipe for success over the Pats is having a defense that can hold them to 21 or fewer points which all but 1 team to beat the Patriots in the playoffs have done in the last 20 years. The one exception to that was 10 years ago with prime Peyton Manning throwing for 350 yards......we can't expect that from Osweiler.

Now if the defense can be good enough to hold the Pats to 21 or fewer points, then the Texans have a real chance here, but that's the only chance IMO. I think it's not expecting too much for Osweiler and the offense to manage 20-24 points, it's on the defense to make that enough to win. I'd feel a lot more confident if the Texans had a healthy JJ Watt and Kevin Johnson......and JJo was like 4 years younger, but it is what it is.

macho GRANDE and CisBuds4U like this.
  18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Even as a Texans fan, I do not see a chance for Texans to win the game. Just hope that the game is watchable.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No one knows. Why did we start Mallet? No one knows that one either.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm honestly not trying to be funny here, but I can literally think of no possible scenario whatsoever that has us winning this game.

We could knock Brady out of the game on the first play, but their 3rd string rookie QB has already beaten us 27-0 this year...

Seriously, I got NOTHING. There is literally a 0% chance of us winning this game. I don't know if I've ever said that about any game in any sport ever.

KingCheetah likes this.