1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

We'll see if they all can keep on pace, but lets also remember Harden got snubbed from any of the all team nba list last year and he had eye popping numbers last year also.

2. MistaK

MistaK Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet. A bit of Harden v Westbrook debate after 53/17/16 Triple Double. Pretty good!

DreamShook and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

well rebounds and points...but i was wrong. good job buddy!

but to be honest you cant argue that no one has done 28 and 12..and then say someone has done 34-11. you are basically disproving your own argument. but I want harden to win the MVP....he deserves it. my only point is that westbrook is going to get it if he avg's a triple double so lets hope he falls off.

#83 T for 3, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

So no matter what, he gets the MVP for having a triple double average for the season which has been done without an MVP result. Never mind that Oscar Robertson didn't win MVP when he averaged 31, 12.5, 11.4 triple double on a 43 win team, and actually got his 1 MVP when he was .1 reb shy of a triple double on a 55 win team. Never mind Wilt Chamberlain averaged 50.4ppg and 25.7rpg on a 49 win team-didn't win MVP. Never mind that Michael Jordan averaged 37.1ppg with a league leading 29.8 PER and #2 in OWD and #4 in DWS but didn't win MVP bc of a 40 win team. Never mind that in 89 Jordan also led the league in scoring with 32.5ppg, with 8rpg, and 8apg and 2.9spg, with a league leading PER of 31.1, league leading OWS, and #5 in DWS and did not win MVP on account of team record. Never mind Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg including an 81 point game and a 60 in 3 quarters game and many more incredible scoring performances but no MVP because his team only won 45 games.

NEVER MIND ALL of the amazing individual seasons by players throughout the history of the league that didn't win MVP because their team wasn't at the very least 3rd seed. **** history. Let's give it to Westbrook b/c a triple double hasn't been done in 50 years! Who cares about the 3rd seed and over thing, let's forget about it this year since no one else in the league is doing anything amazing on 60 win pace team.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

correct. very informative post though. like i've said many times though westbrook is going to fall off. OKC has the toughest schedule in the league this month. Also, I agree with you that russ would have to have at least a 50 win team for the trip dub avg. to win him the award.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nobody talks about how Westbrook is taking FIVE more shots a game vs Harden.... with Hardens FG%, that would have him avaraging 2 more pts a game vs Westbrook

8. 92i

92i Member

No need to put Westbrook down just to make Harden look better. A lot of Rockets fans are doing that and it shows a lot of insecurity among Rockets fans. We don't need to disregard Westbrook insane season, he is averaging a triple double, I believe a lot of people still don't realize that. Now don't get me wrong, I'd still take Harden for MVP this season because so far he has been ridiculous and is the MVP IMO but I don't need to disregard Westbrook performance so far this year just because I think Harden deserves it more.

oogie boogie and MistaK like this.
  9. D'antoni World

Unfortunately I believe Westbrook will win MVP and Billy Donovan will win COY even though Harden and D'antoni deserve to win more. Westbrook will win it because he averages a triple double ( despite Harden averaging more efficient numbers and Rockets winning more) and Donovan will win it because they lost Durant and still made the playoffs. That will be the media's narrative. The struggle is real.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They're not underestimated. The Jazz, Grizzlies, and Clippers haven't been healthy all year. If they were, OKC would not be ahead of them. Staying healthy is kind of a skill, but no, OKC being where they currently are isn't all that impressive.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

At what point did I put Westbrook down? It's a fact that he is taking more shots than harden and harden has a better field goal percentage.

The MVP race by definition is a comparison to determine who is more deserving. Which is exactly what I was doing.

Relax

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Okc has the 1st-5th (depending on where you looks) easiest schedule in the league right now.

As someone else mentioned Memphis and the Clippers have been plagued by injury.

I don't see okc keeping this up. They're going to fall down to 6th-7th seed before the season is done.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you thought that was a good debate? If Cari Champion wasn't so fine I would hate her so much more.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL

Cari Champion SEETHING at the idea of Harden winning MVP. Unfortunately...I imagine this is the case with many people.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cari is wack her and Michelle Beadle are the worst.

The Russell Westbrook hype is real. There is a few players that could do what he's doing this year and they would all do it better and win more. I'm 100% sure of that.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

I don't get ESPN and hardly ever watch SC, First Take, etc., unless I see clips on Youtube...and compared to most of the other SC clips that I have seen, yeah that was pretty good ...First, it showed that, amongst some of the people voting, the race between Harden and Westbrook seems to be pretty close. Also, certain people in the media seem to be slowly backing away from the usual 'but Harden doesn't play defense' qualifier....Also Amin mentioned, what many of us have been saying for a while; playing with energy can be confused for playing great defense, but Westbrook isn't the great defender many people think he is.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. J Hard

J Hard Member

But the argument to credit curry over harden was best player on the best team but now use that same statement to hardens detriment? Yea the nba just hates Harden.

Poor James he deserves better than this wicked corruption.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  18. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

It's sad that Harden is not objectively getting consideration for MVP, because I have read some sites claiming Westbrook as the frontrunner.

Harden just can't catch a break. In 2015, Harden was rejected on the grounds of team record. Now, there's a claim that his team is better than OKC. What drivel!

It's a long shot, but to me, and I hope to Harden, that deep down, he doesn't make chasing this award a priority. I really hope that the mindset of the team is do make winning a championship the number 1 priority. I think Harden can still have MVP seasons in the coming years, but I truly believe the window to win a title is now. I hope he keeps balling, and doesn't get distracted by not winning the award.

J Hard likes this.
  19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Windhorst actually has a vote. There may be a lot of Westbrook sympathy votes just based on how Durant left OKC and how he's "loyal"

J Sizzle and vtjsr2 like this.
  20. J Hard

J Hard Member

Besides the key fact that Harden is winning more. The rhetoric is always about "winning" "best player on best team" well whats the slithering excuse now? Oh yea hypocrisy.

I appreciate what russels doing but Harden deserves it but the beauty contest judges hate Harden.