1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of rumored big men on the trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 20, 2016.

1. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

If the Rockets did seek a trade for a big man, here's a list of all the current big men reportedly being shopped:

Highly rumored:
    - Jusuf Nurkic: He's fallen out of favor in Denver, as they've decided to go with Nikola Jokic instead.

- Willie Trill Cauley-Stein: Obvious logjam for the Kings at center, and he rarely gets minutes.
    Side note: his middle name is legally Trill.

- Nikola Vucevic: Biyombo = $72 million

- Greg Monroe: Obviously, has been on the block for about a year now.

- Nerlens Noel: Logjam. Wants out of Philly, 100% chance his wish is granted by the deadline.

- Jahlil Okafor: See above, but maybe lower the 100% chance to 75% chance.

- Andrew Bogut: Dallas is going nowhere, would like to unload an expiring contract for draft compensation if they could.

Less rumored:
    - Kosta Koufas, Marcin Gortat, Tyson Chandler, Mason Plumlee, Robin Lopez

A. Who intrigues you the most?
    B. Who in your opinion is the most reasonable to obtain?
    C. Do you even see the Rockets making a trade?

#1 RobKsports, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

No DMo on list?

3. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

He's an unrestricted free agent, not on the trade block.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

Nurkic would be fine i guess since he's solid on D and able to catch lobs on O.
    But i don't see who we're giving up

#4 Rockets4Life13, Dec 20, 2016
  5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Why are we already discussing trades when like the team is already doing good, man? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Can we just appreciate this team we have now, first? If we beat San Antonio tonight are you still going to keep rambling on about trades?

We have great players here, some of them are still learning but our depth is strong. As long as we keep winning I don't think we need to worry about trading anyone.

ilovehtownbb and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Guess we're going to be doing that thing where Ariza plays some power forward and Ryno gets some run at center.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  7. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

There are a couple reasons.
    1. We have players that are probably going to get traded anyway, i.e. KJ McDaniels, Tyler Ennis, etc.
    2. We're about to go 20-25 games without Capela, and while Harrell can hold up, Nene isn't supposed to play every game. He'll get worn out quick.
    3. Morey makes at least one trade every year anyway; he loves flipping assets. Why not make it a center this year if it's a roster upgrade and at a position of need?

gotrock? and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  8. Tha_Dude

1. KJ and Ennis aren't worth anything, and we also cannot trade our first round pick again this year since we traded it last year (unless the new CBA changed that rule). It will be hard to package anything for a worthwhile player using this.
    2. Nobody has confirmed how long Clint will be out for yet, nobody knows. It could be 4 weeks, it could be 8 weeks or more. Also, Nene has been well rested since joining the team and has spent much time on the bench.
    3. I hope Morey does get us another center, I just don't see how it will work out once Capela comes back. Nor do I see any attractive "assets" we have to offer without giving up core players, which isn't going to happen. At least, not in a way that will improve the team. Your mileage may vary, though.

#8 Tha_Dude, Dec 20, 2016
    Jayzers_100 and Cashmoney like this.
  9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade kJ to Minn for Jordan Hill

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade a 2ed draft pic to 76ers for Holmes

11. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

I was thinking something like a lottery-protected 2018 1st round pick, 2017 2nd round pick, KJ, and Ennis to Sacramento for Willie Cauley-Stein. Provides immediate center depth. And also replaces Nene in the long run (only on a one-year deal). May even surpass Capela at some point, we haven't seen his true potential. He seems to have regressed in Sacramento, but he could just need a change of scenery.

MONON likes this.
  12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

We dont have much to offer but realistically I'm fine with Cole Aldrich and Tyson Chandler.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you mean girly ball?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

1. We gots brewer
    2. We gots brewer
    3. We gots brewer

Tha_Dude likes this.
  15. Tha_Dude

That's giving up a lot for a guy who is in his second year and only putting up the following numbers. Also, he's more of a 4 or a 3 than a true center. I like his athleticism, though. Dude is a jungle gym.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/caulewi01.html

16. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

He's also only playing 12 minutes a game, and like you said, he's only in his 2nd year. The guy was great at Kentucky, and looked really good his rookie year. He just hasn't clicked in Joerger's new system. But he's 7'1, defensive-minded, and super athletic. I think the upside and potential fit is worth it. Plus he's on that rookie deal for 2.5 more years.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Thing is, in his second year he SHOULD be logging more minutes, especially on a bad team like Sac. What's keeping him out of the game? Dude doesn't watch Sac town much, is he in the doghouse or what? A guy with his talent level should be getting at least 20-25 minutes per game but he isn't.

18. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

No telling, but I do know the Kings new head coach got fired from the Grizzlies for some reason. Don't have enough evidence to blame him, but it just seems weird to me that WCS looked so good for Karl but can't crack the rotation for Joerger.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And who are you giving up, willing to part with, that the trading team would allow their player to leave for? Tango is a twofer sport.

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Clutchfans likes to do trades even if we don't need to, now that one player got injured, then expect couple of threads a day discussing trades.

Mazulis likes this.