1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets too good that games are boring now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 14, 2016.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Nope. And fair point by @DaDakota, blowouts give more development time for our rooks and 3rd string.

Tha_Dude and Ramo$e like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We've come a long way, since @J.R.'s sarcastic image posted in the Cleveland game thread, poking fun at Les. I laughed.

[​IMG]

To this thread:

[​IMG]

Well, if you still aren't entertained. I also found this while looking for J.R.'s image

[​IMG]

^^^^^ Who made that image

Dgn1, J.R., hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

only fair weather fans get bored......

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This is funny!! pleaseeeeee.... we have to play... and keep playing......

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

A piddly 8 game win streak and now Rockets are too good? Pfffttt...

6. Know Your Role

Be humble, not prideful. Don't fear success, enjoy it. I've watched the Rockets for 30 years. I've heard Bill Worrel's voice more than my own father's (not a joke). I can name 3 Rockets teams as good or better than this current squad. All 3 made the finals. Yes this team is better than the win streak team as well as the 2015 WCF team. I can say that without any doubt. What is happening is special. We gotta roll with it.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You're just tempting fate at this point! Do not anger the basketball gods!!

Ramo$e, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Boring is for beginners, it is the new Black.

#68 daywalker02, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What streak? Where?

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Watching the Rockets score a 130 night in night out, watching Dekker turn into a future star, watching Harden morph into the best player in the league is hardly boring after the fiasco of last season. Every second is heaven.

No Chance, Ramo$e and T for 3 like this.
  11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I wouldn't want close games with this talented of a team. Close games with the 08 squad were fun since they were overachievers and weren't expected to go deep. A close game against shite teams means we get blown out in playoffs when defense starts.

12. ribbit

ribbit Member

Boo! Lose, you darn stinkin' Rockets! Lose!

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I just hope the Rockets don't look past the Pelicans or T-Pups, those teams have been playing much better than their records indicate of late. I know, San Antonio will be the big game for us to like prove our dudeness and all, but dude is worried we may lose to one of these teams before that game ever comes into play. But, I'm also like not worried and stuff, man. It should be a fun time here for the next few days and dude is loving every minute of it, .... yep.

Dgn1, hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Not "not" but "hell no." Every W counts the same. Past Rockets teams didn't bring it every night against lowly competition. I am loving seeing this team run out to early leads and keeping them or, even if they backslide, doing what they need to do to win. I almost didn't watch my recording of the Kings game because I'm so exhausted from work but once I started it, I watched it in its entirety and loved every second. I even loved getting to see Witjer during garbage time after Harden sat at the end of the 3rd.

I want to watch this team every night. Since I can't, I'm enjoying every second, whether we're bringing it to the best teams or taking care of business against the worst.

This is what 8 game streaks are made of. And I have a feeling it might be a much longer streak than 8. By crushing bad teams (as they are learning to do) they're making themselves better for the really challenging games.

I wouldn't pass up a chance to watch all 48 minutes of every game I can possibly watch this season. This squad is too much fun to miss even a game.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh man only in clutchfans...posters are even complaining that we have blow outs against scrub teams because it's "boring". If we win a ring I bet people will find something to complain about ("X from team Ywas injured! That puts an asterisk on our ring")

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Bring back Dwight, bring back the fun!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

No he's saying he wants the rox to be so bad they would have triple overtime games against a scrub team like Sacramento sitting out Cousins and Gay because that would be "exciting".

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Ramo$e, Dgn1 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Whatever you guys do just RESPECT THE BASKETBALL GODS.
    We should respect all our opponents no matter what they put out on the floor. A team that is haunted by them is the LAC who showboat, bully, and disrespect the game which is probably why they can't even get out of the 2nd round.
    Play every team hard no matter what and enjoy every second of winning with respect to any team that steps on the floor against us.

Ramo$e, CapelaOnlyFan and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dwight is finally back to being Dwight, he's finally acting like an alpha dog again. However, nobody in Atlanta even knows he's on the team.

More news at 10.

hakeem94 likes this.