1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Donatas Motiejunas Contract Examined

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

@BimaThug,

Great work but this doesn't seem to jive at all with Bballholic's take. I have never seen him admit being wrong so I think it's safe to say he's always right. Please explain why you're wrong and how this contract can help us land Rubio. Thanks!

topfive and BigM like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wow that was incredibly anticlimactic

heypartner likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

basketballholic v BimaThug's Contract Details

[​IMG]

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

5. basketballholic

Bima, do you actually see these contracts after they are signed or do you get the contract dreadful from Deeks, Pincus, or some other contact who is connected to the League office?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

the contract has been examined... and it has a bad back. Motie is a leftover now.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

BBholic, you need to come make a public statement and ****, dude.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bima, will this year's salary be pro-rated, with DMo not getting paid for the games he's already missed?

Assuming he actually ends up on the team, of course.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Other than the vet minimum, salaries do not begin to prorate downward until January 10. Therefore, my assumption is that D-Mo would still be entitled to his full 2016-17 salary as long as he's in the fold by then.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bima, if an offer sheet is signed, then matched, but the matching team reverts the match, wouldn't the signed offer be in effect?

Shouldn't DMo now be a Nyet?

DD

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He is changing locker rooms, Feldman style.

13. BimaThug

Supporting Member

I think heyp got this right in the other thread. Since D-Mo failed to report for his physical when the Rockets matched, the Nets' offer sheet was voided when the Rockets withdrew their first refusal exercise notice. Had he timely reported for his physical, he'd have gone back to the Nets if he failed that physical. Now, the "physical in question" is not the same physical. It is a physical being done in connection with the NEW contract D-Mo and the Rockets signed.

It is possible that the Nets, Rockets and league office could be exploring a way to "reinstate" the Nets' offer sheet in light of the unusual circumstances surrounding the handling of physicals. Obviously, that would require league approval. Also, any involvement by the Nets is pure conjecture at this point.

amaru, craguin, Houtho and 3 others like this.
  14. DaDakota

@BimaThug Yes, but if the Rockets placed DMo on the inactive list, during a game BEFORE the window to report was finished, could this than be an issue?

This whole thing feels like legal wrangling to me - and that the Russians are once again afoot!

DD

15. BimaThug

Supporting Member

My guess is that this has nothing to do with him being an any Inactive List.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

To me and maybe you can chime in ... I feel like the most plausible scenario is about obtaining medical records .

I feel that most other situations would have had more direct comments from either side .

If Dmo had outright failed the physical then I think they would have said ... And the same for if he passed and it was legal wrangling from the nets.

The fact that we haven't had definite word on the physical yet the latest is WOJ's "still evaluating" makes me think the rockets are waiting on something to make their decisions .

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

At this point, I think that we're all tired of him and blowjob armstrong. Chances are that he isn't even the same player anymore, just as he wasn't last year. We all saw what happened with damaged goods parsons and how much of a player he is now. As far as I care, with his desire to screw us with his stupid agent, the nets can take those damaged goods.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

so morey was lying after detroit failed his physical? it seems to be a pattern.

19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Whether that is or isn't the case, he's damaged goods. What did Morey lie about?

20. DaDakota

That he was healthy, and he played for the Rockets the last 30 games or so...

DD