1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

should the Texans draft TJ Watt?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Watson has really had a down year. Hard to tell what he will look like in the pros. I still like Peppers better. That's the weakest part of the defense when healthy.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Houston will probably finish 8-8 and have the 15th pick in the draft. Just grab the best offensive tackle available and hope for the best. Maybe Cam Robinson will mature and the Texans get themselves a steal.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I like Quenton Nelson, Dan Feeny, and Mike McGlinchey as well. I think they are going to be solid starters in the nfl

raining threes likes this.
  4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Please take your Texans hating self back to the Rockets forum.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I can see them doing it . .. . . as a reaction to getting sh*t about not drafting Carr
    Yes . . that is how lilly liver cowardly stupid I think our management is

Nothing to do with T J at all . . . just spin and publicity fuels their decisions

Rocket River

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would be nice, but he probably won't be on the board past the 2nd round and they need O line help more than they need another OLB unless they want to move Clowney to DT permanently. Now if they do it, I'd be totally for it though.

7. raining threes

Peppers

I would take Watt in the 2nd (Probably will be gone.) Can you imagine Vrabel working with TJ?

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...all-is-tj-watt-headed-to-the-nfl-draft-122016

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Get it done!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he's there in the 2nd, jump all over it. The first pick has to be OT.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He's a sure 2nd rounder imo

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. awc713

awc713 Member

I thought this was a weak OL draft?

If McNair can't fire his god-son bearing GM, there's no way we pass TJ Watt in the late 1st.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is a weak O line draft, that's why you have to take an OT with the first pick. You need an immediate starter and you won't have the cap room to get a free agent that is worth a damn. It would be cool to get TJ Watt, but you can't spend a first round pick on him. Maybe you can try to trade up using your second round pick and a 6th or something, but the first pick has to be O line.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

I understand drafting from need--and this is all speculation--but if the OL left in the mid-20s is a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade, I don't think we can justify using our 1st on him, especially if there are other bonafide 1st round grades left in areas of need.

That said, Watt is an OLB? So that's not really a great need either, but I guess you take good players wherever.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, you don't reach on an O lineman, but I think there will be at least one very solid RT prospect left on the table that could start immediately. As to Watt, it's hard to know where he'd go. He's not his brother, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone gambled on taking him early anyway. Also, you're right, he's an OLB prospect in the 3-4 so unless you are thinking about moving Clowney to DE permanently or thinking of having him move to ILB which would not play to his strengths, it doesn't make a lot of sense......but I'd still love to have him on the team.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If he's available and and picking him lines up with the team's board, why wouldn't they?

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm not really a fan of drafting another front 7 player when we got so thin at CB, we have zero OL, and a wet sock at QB. If anything a MLB is needed more than the rest.

That said. With Clowney playing DE now, Watt back on the other side, and Reader there if Wilfork leaves. Having Mercy, and ANOTHER Watt on the outsides would be hilarious. Can we give him no. 99 as well to just **** with the other team?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

CB isn't really thin, it's just that we have so many DB's currently on IR. JJo probably is a cap casualty, but you have Kjax, Kevin Johnson, and the Texans absolutely have to keep Bouye. That's a very solid 3 right there. I agree with the rest though, O line and MLB are MUCH more important than adding another OLB.