1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Astros interested in Quintana

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Shark44, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

You know what, you're right. You, yes you Buck Turgidson are right. You've changed my mind, I agree with all of you now. We should all have the exact same opinion and if any dare differ he shall be publicly excoriated beyond credibility. Is that what you'd like to hear?

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

On no list ANYWHERE is Fisher rated higher than Tucker for future projections. Just stop.

3. Fantasma Negro

Well if you said it then it must be gospel

4. Major

Major Member

Better this than the irrational logic you're using when you share your actual thoughts.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If there are that many lists to choose from, it shouldn't be hard for you to produce one that has Cameron rated ahead of Tucker... we'll wait.

6. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Pat, what kind of value would you put on Carlos Delgado?

Nippystix likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Show me one projection that shows Fisher rated higher than Tucker.....facts are facts, and everything you're saying goes against the facts. You're using words like "eye test" and "it factor", but no quantifiable lists corroborate what you're saying. It's one thing to have a difference of opinion, but when you dig into the sand as deeply as you have with absolutely NO statistical backing, it makes you look stubborn.

rocketsfan611 and vince like this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I do rate Cameron Diaz over Forrest Tucker (or Chris Tucker)

msn likes this.
  9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I figured it out.

Mike Cameron > Preston Tucker

Call it a win for the Cameron family. However, if we can acquire Trey Griffey, it'd be worth giving up Daz.

10. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I saw the thread jump from 2 to 4 pages while I was at lunch today and I got excited about Quintana news.....Based off my eye test it's safe to say I'm a little disappointed in reading through this thread.

vince, BigMaloe, Yaosthirdleg and 5 others like this.
  11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Am I the only one that gets a kick out of every Carlos Delgado reference? Tremendous post, I can't really explain it, but it just has "it."

12. boozle222

Ha! I am glad that SOMEONE understands a good Delgado reference. The only PERSON dumb enough to miss that would be HINCH.

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

As a serious response, yes, you do that in a heartbeat. Especially with the best free agent hitter still available, who happens to play 1B in EE.

Trade Martes, Reed, and Cameron for Quintana
    Sign EE to a 3 or 4 year deal, at the expense of your 1st round pick next year
    Profit

This team would have absolutely no holes.

Overall, I currently see our roster construction as this:
    As currently constructed, I feel that our team is deep enough to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Honestly, after the Nationals didn't even make the playoffs two years ago, it was a stark reminder for me that nothing is guaranteed in baseball. But, even considering that cautionary tale, you have to like our odds.

With that in mind, the main driver behind any future moves should answer this question: "Does this move improve our playoff chances, if we are fortunate enough to get there?" Adding Quintana definitely improves our playoff chances, as then we would roll with a 1-2-3 punch of Keuchel, McCullers, and Quintana (and honestly, I would be fine with any order of those three).

Without Quintana, our three would be Keuchel, McCullers, and McHugh, and that isn't nearly as formidable in my humble opinion. Maybe Quintana's lack of electric stuff makes him more "boring" to some, which may lead to under-appreciated just how good he is. But make no mistake about it, he's been elite the last 4 years, and is extended at a ridiculously nice cost-controlled rate. That's why the asking price is considerably high, because the guy brings that much value to the table. I know trading prospects is hard, I happen to dream pretty big on some, but simply ask yourself the simple question, would trading for Quintana improve our playoff chances, if we are fortunate enough to get there?

vince and thaGREATwall like this.
  14. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Carlos Delgado is also my first thought when it comes to 9/11

15. Fantasma Negro

Carlos Degado from the mets and jays? Dude was legit, we share a birth date. One of my favorite former players, whats wrong with Delgado, skin too dark?

16. boozle222

That's the second out of left field comment you've made accusing someone of being racist in a non sensible manner. No need for that here, man. Enjoy some Astros baseball, and don't be a pain.

vince and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

Asking a genuine question, what is the joke about a sixteen year pro with 473 homers and three silver slugger awards? Maybe you don't like him because he never played for the astros, but the astros don't keep dark skinned players long so maybe you didn't like him because his name doesn't vibe with his outward appearance? Can you explain the joke? Honest attempt at levity

18. boozle222

Maybe 7 months ago, there was another poster who made odd claims and comparisons. His favorite player was Carlos Delgado, and he constantly referenced him in all of his posts. It's a reference people here get as a result of posting here for awhile.

If you want to make that into race, go for it. Makes absolutely no sense to do so, but you don't seem to care much for being reasonable. So you do you.

vince likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Relax fella we're all the same race, human race

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Here is where it originated from. Just read the 2nd post in this thread. I forgot how golden this thread is:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/official-astros-angels.268810/