1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Payton II! drops 51 POINTS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Dec 3, 2016.

1. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

damn. i feel bad for the announcer. gary payton the second over and over again..

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'd only take GPII if GP is forced to come to every game, then it would be more reasonable for his son to keep dropping those 50 pts. Seriously though I would take GPII over Ennis in a heart beat... another PG who plays defense? I'd rather have him for insurance purposes anyways.

3. basketballholic

The only thing missing is the jumper. He sees the floor and is a better playmaker/passer than Bev is. Far superior to Brown in that dept. Everything else is there. Hopefully we sign him before someone else does.

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Plus, Bev is bound to go down with an injury at some time, every year. If the shot is wet, and the rest of his game improves with experience, GPII is going to be a good guy to have, especially if we can sign him for a 2 year guaranteed + 2 years team option deal for ~$1-1.5m per year.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I can drop over 30 against such defense. Nothing special, just one of the nights when everything goes in...

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I seriously doubt that. LOL this guy

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Ndz

Ndz Member

I'd say GPII should replace brown at the very least. but the dleague may be better for his development at this stage and the rockets will keep him playing there until they feel confident he can be a part of the rotation rather than riding the bench first and getting only garbage minutes.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i don't understand. was this game last night? wiltjer is seen at the end of the video. why was he sent back down?

9. RightTooCensor

That's the Los Angeles Lakers' practice court. I didn't know the LA Defenders used that as their home floor.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tyler Anus wouldn't drop 51 in 10 games let alone one game

In fact only thing Anus is dropping is deuces clogging up the dressing room toilets.

Cut Tyler Anus now!!

ramotadab likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'd like to see Bzdelik get his hand into the development of this kid

RocketsTerps and Nook like this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Now this is the real story. I knew he'd do well in the D League but did not expect any outside shooting.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

IIRC That guy likes to talk about his game but gets upset if you ask him to back it up at all. One day he was talking about his dunking prowess and got angry when I asked if he would upload a video showing off that ability.

14. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

I've been looking for the right place to ask this... why hasn't Isaiah Taylor been playing the last couple of games? Just when he started to look like an intriguing player... court vision, unexpected strength, finisher at the rim... No info anywhere on his MIA, just a DNP coach's decision.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

It just doesn't make any sense to pass ANY young player to keep Bobby Brown, i'm sorry for James and Trevor, but they can still have their friend in the D-League if they want to keep him around, just saying...it's ok to keep your players happy, but there must be a limit to this, hold on to a scrub (sorry Bobby) with zero upside whatsoever just because he's a friend of...to miss a young potential 7/8th rotation player, it's just wrong.

#55 Vivi, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Twill also had a 50 point game in the D-league.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The thing about Kj and why he doesn't get on the court is because he's actually not a good defender at all. His on ball defense is really bad, the only thing he currently excels at is weak side shot blocking.

He does have the physical gifts to be an elite defender but it's not natural to him like it is for GP2.

Not to mention GP2 has elite athletism also and a much better handle and is the more refined player at this point at a position that's loaded with talent.

Elite defensive PGs are becoming extreamly valuable.

I think GP2 has a much better chance of becoming a real rotation player in the NBA over Kj.

Kj doesn't have it he is what he is. A guy who's going to stay in the NBA for 10 years riding the bench. When his freak athletism goes so will his NBA career, if he doesn't really get an NBA skill he won't last, because he's good at nothing but shotblocking which is intriguing but not a skill set that's going to keep a guard/wing in the league.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  18. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Rockets can loose him if they don't sign him. So cut brown and sign GPII and keep him in the d league until Bev goes down.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

From @Jonathan_Feigen: With the road trip over, Rockets assigned rookie forward Kyle Wiltjer to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the NBA Development League.

20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Here we are with more knee-jerk reactions on a D league player. There's a reason why he's in the d league. DaDakota could score 51 there!