1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] METALLICA new album release, "Hardwired…To Self-Destruct", on November 18.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

So I when I was 13 there was Ride the Lightning, then I listened to Mastter of Puppets.

That was where it started, if you wanna throw out "I'm the Man", Anthrax-tyle, go for it.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Atlas, Rise!" (Live - Bogotá, Colombia - 2016)

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Feels like it should be faster. But pretty good song.

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I have listened to the full album today. The 3 promotional songs released don't do it justice. James Hetfield has turned back the clock. I am amazed at the screams and sounds he is making for the first time on an album in 20 years. The first cd is the strongest but they may have saved the best track for last. It is called "Spit Out The Bone". A 7 minute thrash song straight out of the "And Justice For All" era. Very impressive effort and return to form finally for Metallica. They have talked about getting back to their roots since 2003. Finally the material, production, and songs came together.

ipaman and Deuce like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

^ very cool! Thanks for the review!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Dream No More"

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Spit Out The Bone also leaked and fans are going nuts. I'm really struggling to wait out all of these leaks (it's so damn hard!!!) but only two more days so I think I'll make it.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The album hasn't been released yet and Metallica has released 4 songs/videos.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

wow, are they going to do videos for every song?

"Confusion"

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

...WOW, I guess so!.....

http://bravewords.com/news/premiere-metallica-go-black-metal-in-new-manunkind-video
    In an unprecedented move for Metallica, the band will release music videos for each song from their forthcoming album, Hardwired...To Self-Destruct on Metallica.com and simultaneously with editorial partners around the world for every two hours until 6AM EST tomorrow! New songs and their videos will premiere right up to when the clock turns over at midnight in New Zealand, where the first official copy of the new album will be available worldwide. The videos - shot around the globe - will give fans the opportunity to hear the long awaited Metallica album two days ahead of its official November 18th release via Blackened Recordings.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The last 3 songs in the latest videos above aren't really my cup of tea...is the first impression I came away with. If they are going to slow it down, then it better be good. I just wasn't feeling it.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. Surfguy

Haven't listened to any of the new ones just posted here except "Spit Out The Bone"...which is pretty awesome. Some of the timing early in the song has to be spot on (0:28 - 0:51 is an example of what I'm referring to). I can't imagine trying to nail that every night played in concert. I imagine they are going to eff it up once in a while but mucho kudos if they don't.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Spit Out The Bone is a standout. The rest of the album isn't like that but it's still very good.

16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just played through both discs on youtube. this is great stuff!

17. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

For dudes in their mid 50s they still got it. I will always see Metaliica live, now I won't cringe when they play the "new stuff".

18. Surfguy

I haven't been to a Metallica concert since I was in college back in the 90s. I wonder what the profile is for average concert-goers at a Metallica show these days? Are most of them older like the band members? For some reason, I'm thinking it is still a bunch of younger folks who outnumber the older folks by 10 to 1 maybe. I just remember headbanging the whole show the last time I went. The next morning...I could not move my head my neck hurt so bad. At the time, it almost felt like a requirement to head bang as everyone was doing it. I couldn't do that any more. LOL

I'm thinking Metallica still churns out quite the following of younger fans and lose a lot of older fans (minus the hardcore fans) who may grow out of metal (or maybe just grow out of attending metal concerts). But, I could be wrong.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Thoroughly impressed with this album. Spit out the Bone and and Halo on Fire are killer.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Listening now while I try to finish work and outa here next week for vacation. It's making me work very fast.