1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wiseguyX, Nov 16, 2016.

1. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Pay the man...

Half the job of a GM is closing deals. Why is Morey not closing this deal?
    D-mo + Ryan Anderson
    D-mo + Capela
    D-mo + Harrell

Think of all the possibilities..

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This should be EPIC. (or short lived)

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Rox need to run the ball through the post to mix it up with this high octane offense. When is this guy going to be ready?

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

DMo wants to be a PROUD New York Net lol

Dude is a lost cause, consider him gone and your life will be easier.

Remlap likes this.
  5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If dmo is going to be a muffin head then pull the deal 11/23 and make him screw with RFA again next summer. His value won't be getting any better and last I counted he had zero deals on the table outaide of the Rockets .

6. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Maybe if we had someone who could score in the post at the end of games, we wouldn't be jacking up 3s and losing games because of it.

What happened to the Rockets offense tonight? They reverted back to last year's 'stand around and jack up a brick at the end of the shot clock' offense.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden has been doing that **** all year. Crunch time he goes heroball and he doesn't have the clutchness he did a few years ago and it's just not working. The Spurs game was almost a loss because of that shot. I thought MDA's offense would be the end of that **** bit apparently not.

Cashmoney likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why are D-Mo & BJ not closing the deal?

Post ups, ha! Yeah, they're really gonna feed him in the post. Dream on D-Mo fans, dream on!

[​IMG]

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

[​IMG]

Dear MDA. Yep, I hear you. #TheseDaysAreGone

inspector Clouseau 1 likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's about time someone started a thread about DMo's potential contract negotiations.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is sitting while fellow Lithuanian Sabonis has been playing

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Unforgivable

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What's the latest on this guy? I stopped following the other threads, too much garbage to filter through to get to the updates.

So paging @basketballholic for an update.

ISOBall and arabrocket like this.
  14. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Seem like Dmo is such a valuable asset of rockets.or how come everyone wants to push him accept this offer??????
    But 7 mil multi year contract is not that big deal. That's so called asymmetric information. DMo BJ and Morey must hide something.
    DMo definitely will leave this team.
    But we will be fine.just find another 7 mil replacement player.

15. hvic

hvic Member

I love Dmo but I dont think he's able to play how he was pre-surgery

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yess i was waiting for another dmo thread

MrSabotage likes this.
  17. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Raptors 7-4 after back to back vs Cavs and Warriors, Rockets 6-5. One of these teams have the so called "worst shots" as their go to plays, guy who takes most mid range contested fadeways is leading the league in scoring and so on and so on. Damn it, I wrote it as I'm defending Raptors for taking bad shots. I'm not, I just don't understand how can they be this good taking these horrible shots, but fact is that it can work. You should always take good looks no matter from where and you should always post up if you have a mismatch. With DMo, it's basically a mismatch against most SFs PF wannabes. If it's the same good old manimal abuser DMo that is.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This will be the best one yet!

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's not rocket science. When MDA says post ups and mid range games just aren't effective anymore... it's partly (a lot) because guys just don't score efficiently there anymore. Be it their just worse at it, or new rules have made it easier to defend or whatever.

But when someone IS really good at it, then it can still be very effective. In the Raptors case it's just one guy, who is shooting insane on an insane volume. Even then, Derozan is still only at 58% true shooting compared to Harden's 63%.

Why are the Raptors 7-4 and the Rockets 6-5? Well, for one its pretty early in the season. For two the Raptors have 4 away games to 7 home games... Rockets of course only have the 3 home games to 8 away games. For three, the Raptors probably still have better talent overall. I'd take Lowry and Valunciunas as my 2 and 3 guys over whomever is 2 and 3 on the Rockets any day.

At the end of the day, one would suspect the Raptors to have the better record then and at the end of the seasons, especially when strength of schedule is factored in.

But it doesn't say anything about the changing of the game from an offensive efficiency standpoint, where indeed 3's, FTs, layups have led the way.

The only thing about MDA's comment I would disagree on, is that you don't need to just be solid in post-ups and mid-range in the event the other team plays great defense and takes away your preferred ways of scoring. Rather, you should need that versatility and mix anyway. The idea should be to get open shots, for the right players in their right spots. Those are the most efficient shots. And by having some of that include post-ups and mid-range, it will open up the 3s, layups, FTs even more. Basically, they need to mix it in proactively, instead of just needing to have it reactively at times. Not a ton, but it needs to be in there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If you watch the Raptors games, DeRozen is making a ton of contested shots. We don't have guys on our team that can do that other than Harden.