1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Attention City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 16, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Stop selling out Texans games and leaving these Rockets home games empty!! These Texans don't deserve these sellouts! You have an overpaid QB, a lazy defense. The team in Dallas is 9-1 with out Tony Romo. Maybe one day the Texans can earn us back! But that organization is hot garbage! They are literally trying to stay mediocre for as long as possible. I know you can say they have a chance of winning something but they are in the worst division in football watch them get into the playoffs and lose to a KC type WC team again!!
    For the rockets! Come watch this team!! They actually deserve our money!! They put an actual product on the floor! How did that game vs the Sixers only get about a couple thousand fans in the seats? Cmon please? Should we move all Rockets games to 8pm? Was it Traffic? Stop selling out terrible texans games when they win by a FG in an easy division and start watching a real team! The team that is always consistent in Houston! The Rockets! When the Texans earn our respect we will return to them! But give the Rockets the respect they deserve! James Harden is top 3 in this league and doing something beautiful right now! Don't watch his highlights in 2019 if he leaves or don't wait till his career is over to appreciate it! Live in the moment and enjoy the Rockets! The True Pride of Houston! Show the Rockets they mean something to this city!
    - Anonymous

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden >>>>>>> JJ Fatt
    Mike Anthony >>>> Billy Byran
    Rocket Fans (educated, hunble, charismatic, athletic) >>>>> Eggball Texan fans (uneducated, arrogant, boring, unathletic big mac and cream soda guzzlers)

NBA >>>>>>>>>>>> Egg ball

Rockets >>>>>>>> Texans

End Thread.

3. WeAllHateDallas

As much as I agree, good luck with that. Texans can go (0-16) and still will always sellout the stadium, while the Rockets will be the ugly red headed stepchild.

raining threes likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Record wise the Texans are doing better.
    Playoff seeding wise they're doing better.
    And the Rockets mediocre treadmill has been going on for a while now... absent one year to the WCF.

I mean you don't have to convince me. I'm all about basketball first.

But notwithstanding the extreme improbability the Texans make any noise in the playoffs, a football fan could certainly make similar arguments in their favor.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The battle cry - "Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!"

#5 Ziggy, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Nook, J.R., Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why can't we have both.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Texan's games are treated as major events. People will go to a Texans game win or lose, whether its in the stadium or hanging outside drinking beer and eating BBQ. Fans just want to be a part of it.

8. rockets13champs

So you think we should have a massive tailgate of free food at Rockets games? If so i am In!!

9. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The irony of this post didn't escape me.

macho GRANDE and rockets13champs like this.
  10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

As much as I like NBA, and it is my favorite sport by far, it's not about me- this is a football city. Why? I don't even know. The Oilers couldn't bring home a championship but we loved them anyways. The Texans haven't done much better to warrant it.

It has nothing to do with fans being smarter, so the insults are ridiculous. I appreciate both sports for what they are.
    JJ Fatt has got to be the dumbest thing ever posted on this board. Well next to the guy who tried to pinpoint who CyberX was and dug through all that personal stuff to try to expose him. That and any Ricky Rubio fans.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

5*star thread!

12. FTW Rockets FTW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Don't worry brother. We the Rockets will never stoop so low.

[​IMG]

J.R. and rockets13champs like this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Stopped reading after you called the Texans defense lazy. They're rated 3rd against the pass, and 4th overall. Also, there are 8....that's right, 8....home games ALL SEASON for the Texans. Obviously it doesn't take a genius to see that football will always be the hottest commodity in town....especially when the Rockets hated each other's guts last year, and played like absolute crap. Nobody wants to see millionaires pout and b**** about each other through the media. The Rockets have a chance to win back a lot of fans both locally and nationally this year, and so far, they've done a pretty good job of that. Give it time, and the results will follow.

15. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

I think I'll just keep going to both.

And you should be equally upset with Les Alexander for having an arena where 75% of the lower bowl is club seats owned by corporations and folks trying to impress clients.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Supply and Demand.

Less Texans games to attend means more people are willing to go the games. Football is king in the majority of the country. 82 game basketball season is pretty long and most people don't want to waste their time and money going to a game against the 76ers (unless you're excited about the young team as I am).

And the Rockets haven't accomplished much more than the Texans have in the last 20 years so please put to bed the argument that we have two championships.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oilers > Texans

oakdogg and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Most of us on this site are a fan of both teams. Get over yourself.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

SO a WCF appearance doesn't count? What about the 3rd most winningest regular season record? Something eggball Texans will never ever achieve.

OTOH Texans have 2-14 records and 0-30 humiliating blowout losses at home. Something the Rockets will never ever have.

If you can't see the vast difference, I don't know what to say....

MajorSeanBond likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant!

DD

napalm06 and CCity Zero like this.