1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Stats Thread [2016/2017]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Nov 7, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Eh, its added wear and tear and I think you will see Harden's energy level dwindle over the course of the season.

From a purely statistical standpoint, yes it makes sense for Harden to do everything, because he is basically the best at everything. But from a management standpoint, there is a case to be made that you want to preserve his body. Frankly I am shocked at how healthy and reliable he is.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

AWESOME!!

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Jump on ESPN, the basketball show, talked about everything except James Harden and his current historic run.

They talked about Wall's ejection for bumping into a ref. They talked about Paul George only scoring 10 points. They talked about weed being on the ballot in 9 states and how it affects the NBA. They talked about a lot of Basketball related things, nothing including James Harden.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While certainly this dominance issue played into the Westbrook/Durant relationship and their success, just as much of their loss last year was (i) going away from the bigs tactic that worked early in the series (Adams, Ibaka, Kanter), and (ii) their stars missing shots. yes, the out of control westbrook didn't help. And yes, Klay's game 6 4th quarter didn't help. And yes, KD/Russ' clutch play didn't help. And the results are what they are.

But it was really pretty much working, against an all time dominant team in the Warriors.

And it worked for Lebron/Wade

Basically, James being ball dominant shouldn't prevent a combination with another star player form working, even if that star player is also ball dominant.

But that gets us to his ball dominance anyway. there is no proof anywhere that James wouldn't take a step back and be less ball dominant with another superstar on the team. He's only been in that situation on the Thunder, and it wasn't a problem there.

Anybody pointing to the Ty Lawson experiment is crazy. Has anyone checked his stats this year? Dude is just as awful as he was on the Rockets. The change in Ty Lawson from near all star type PG to absolute crap is crazy strange, but doesn't appear to be a "rockets" thing or a Harden thing.

Pen15clubber and Deuce like this.
  5. Nivos

Nivos Member

Keep it on stats guys.
    Less opinions, More numbers.

Plenty of other threads to let us know what you think.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I personally believe Harden would have no problem playing with another ball dominant player. As long as that player is "good."
    Harden wants to be coached and wants to play with good players. Rockets just have to give him that.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yet George Hill is the Western Conference player of the week. Such BS.

FANfrom86toNow and kevtse like this.
  9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

If that is ture, that's really BS.
    I don't know why the media hate Houston so much.

10. Harden's beard

11. basketballholic

1. Lebron DID share the ball with Wade.

2. Lebron is a more efficient playmaker than Harden.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You got stats to prove that? In a stats thread... Or you just throwing nonsense conjecture at the wall again claiming to be right "because your holier than thou" and all knowing, never to be wrong?

Yule C? Or will Eye C? Or will you deflect like always and start talking about rubio?

Stats thread is for stats, unless your jopat where all threads are about nonsense.

#52 BigMaloe, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Strike #1

This is a stats thread. Either post numbers to back up your posts or stay outta the thread. There are countless other threads for your opinions.

Like I said, no trolls allowed. They will be perma banned.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. basketballholic

What Westbrook gives up in playing out of control Harden gives up in throwing and dribbling the ball away.

15. basketballholic

LOL. Look up the stats yourself. If you don't think the two points I made are true then you either don't look at stats or you don't know what they mean. I'm not going to spoon feed you here boys. The stats are obvious.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Again, you're going off topic. This is a stats thread. Any opinions have to be backed up by stats.

I have reported you to Trump. Hoping he grabs you by the p****, locks you in your mum's basement and builds a wall around it.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm fine and in agreement with #1 the issue is with #2. I have looked at many stats and in the past surely I feel lebron was better, but recently I don't believe and stats don't prove that lebron is a better playmaker. I would love for you to backup your argument with stats, in a stats thread.

If your basing your entire argument on # of turnovers than sure, but that's pretty silly. But hey if you can't backup your argument, why argue?

Because your jopat, that's why.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It was interesting to read that Ariza and other teammates as well are to remind him of mistakes on D even if Harden gets mad on him for doing it.

“As bad as people say [Harden] is defensively, I know he can play defense. He’s too athletic not to be able to,” Ariza told The Vertical. “So what I try to do is continue to stay on him, continue to push him, like, ‘Yo.’ I don’t care how mad he gets at me because it doesn’t matter. I’m not doing my job if I don’t let him know what he’s not doing. Defensively, we try to hold each other accountable. He knows that. He can do it on both sides. When we see he’s not doing what he’s supposed to do, us, as a group, we let him know.”

20. Harden's beard