1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

by this season you mean 2-3 games? or are you carrying over the numbers from last season, or preseason, or we already midway into the season?

anyway, i heard the tc needs a new new sewage system. brewer for sewer who says no?

malakas likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nope. Dude has glass knees which would be destroyed running up and down the court, it'd be like having Dwight back except if Dwight started avoiding contact. His bro would be a much better fit for us.

JamalP. likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Going from Gay to Ariza is a massive downgrade. Ariza has much better 3 pt shooting and much better TS% because he actually tries to drive it in all the time instead of settling for mid range shots which don't go in. And this is just on the offense side, on defense they are leagues apart Gay makes Harden look like Kawhi.

I wan to unload Brewer too but honestly this trade will hurt the team overall. Not worth it IMHO.

thiefery likes this.
  4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Agreed. Especially once Bev comes back. At that point (IMO) I would start Harden and Bev with Gordon the first guy off the bench subbing in for Bev. If we did that, we would have no need for another chucker coming off the bench as well.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be pretty surprised If we landed Gay at this point. We are mediocre forward heavy already.

Give me another quality combo guard please.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Well the trade isn't just about what the players bring now. Although I do think that Gay would basically even out Ariza due to his superior offense. But in the off-season you wouldn't have to worry about Ariza's or Brewer's Salary +McLemore gives you more offense off the bench as well.

But just throwing random ideas out there.

Another one I have is trading for Ibaka. I think he'd fit nicely at the 4 position and can play some 5 with Ryno giving. Wouldn't be losing much size but gain more shooting on offense....Plus he's another guy who is on a one year deal giving more flexibility for the off season. Orlando might do it because they aren't going anywhere and could lose him for nothing.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly 3Za is way better on offense than Gay, the only difference is Gay is better at creating 1 on 1 but when it comes to actually putting the ball in the hoop Ariza is better, if you look at their stats Ariza is just a better shooter from the 3. The Rockets don't really need guys who can create on their own since Harden and Gordon are alternating on the court, having Gay out there would just muck things up since he'd be taking shots from Gordon and off-the-ball Ariza is way better since he actually cuts to the rim instead of waiting in the mid range area.

Ibaka would be a great fit for the Rockets, we can play him at the C spot since he's strong enough to bang with the bigger Cs in the league. I just don't know what Orlando would want for him, maybe DM needs to call SVG and ask him if he still wants DMO lol.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

There a way to keep Ryan Anderson, Gordon, Ariza, Capela, Harden, Bev and still get Rudy Gay? Having Ariza or Gay coming off the bench while still keeping those guys named above would be dirty

9. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

would have to give up kj and or dekker with brewer

10. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

and sac would probably want to a starting caliber point for gau anyway

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I'd give all 3 lol, I mean look at what the man is doin to Miami right now..

12. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea I'm tempted for the short run but I want morey to keep this group of young guys

13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

HOU in: Rubio, Noel, Covington
    HOU out: Ariza, Bev, Brewer, Capela
    MIN in: Bev, Brewer
    MIN out: Rubio
    PHI in: Ariza, Capela
    PHI out: Noel, Covington

Minny does it to hand the starting PG reigns to Dunn, getting Bev to be a good defensive backup under Thibs.
    Philly does it to help clear the logjam in exchange for a 3&D vet presence and a cheap young big in case they also want to move Okafor.
    We do it for youth, playmaking, and the dirty work down low.

basketballholic likes this.
  14. thiefery

thiefery Member

Rubio is hurt now, so this makes all the sense in the world

15. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

So is Bev, this would hypothetically go down once they heal up.

16. ballgame

ballgame Member

We need to start thinking smaller trades to make us better incrementally.

Jerian Grant for Tyler Ennis and a #2
    Noel for Montrez Harrell and a furture protected #1.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

Capela and McDaniels for Jae Crowder

Ariza and a 1st for Nerlens Noel

Harden / Gordon
    Beverley
    Crowder / Dekker
    Anderson
    Noel / Nene

More playmaking. More versatility.

basketballholic likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

I would love that Ennis for Grant trade, on the Noel deal no way Morey gives up a first rounder, no matter how protected

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anyone think lavine is obtainable from Minnesota?

Thibs loves his defense and is in charge. He has a solid core in Kat and Wiggins and dunn and I'm sure he would love some veterans to balance and lead and bring in hard nosed defense.

I'm sure he would like ariza and bev(after injury is up). Maybe if we send a lotto protected 1st and possibly swallow pekovics contract?

I was interested in him last year but man this year he is killing it playing the SG position.

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Lol. Would you trade a 21 year old who's averaging 21/5/2 while shooting 46% from 3?