1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Seems like Brook Lopez is an ideal candidate to be moved as well. He would be a very strong low-post threat for this team.

alexsama likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I agree with him being a strong low post threat but how many more injury prone players do we need? I realize its just an aggravating injury but it seems to come back every season.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need more long athletic positionless players who can run, handle and finish:

Dekker, Ennis and rights to Llull for Aaron Gordon and 2nd rounder .

Bev, Ariza and Onuaku for Nerlens Noel.

Sign Jimmer Fredette and Gentile

Harden/Jimmer/Prigs
    EGo/KJ
    AGordon/Gentile/Brewer
    Anderson/D-Mo/Wiltjer
    Noel/Nene/Harrell

That's 14 with room for one more roster spot/Viper. GP2?

dtitus1 likes this.
  4. alexsama

alexsama Member

HOU: Brook Lopez
    Low post presence + pick & pop with harden

BKN: Capela, Gay, 1st pick
    Get some scoring on the wing and 1st round pick they are lacking

SAC: Beverley, Brewer, Ennis
    Get some decent players back instead of let Gay walk away

5. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

HOU trades with CLE

Brew <-> Shumpert

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Better keep Brewer lol

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

TJ Warren is the player we need to trade for. You pair him up next to Harden and only good things will happen. He has serious potential and is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. If you are unfamiliar with his game look up some of his highlights. His development has been set back a little by injury, but he is an instinctive scorer, solid on D. I think he can develop into a Middleton type player, and that would be fantastic next to Harden/Gordon etc.

I've done a few hypothetical trades in the espn machine. I would attach the pics but don't know how. So I will break them down below.

Trade 1:

Houston in:

Tyson Chandler
    T.J. Warren

Phoenix in:

Trevor Ariza
    Sam Dekker
    Clint Capela

I don't think we would have to give up this much for Warren, but he is on a bargain contract and the Suns rate him highly. Everyone and his dog knows they want to offload Chandler's contract. I like Capela a lot, and would much rather offload someone else, but if securing Warren means we have to eat Chandler's contract, then I would do it. We'd also get a solid veteran who is a good rim protector and can play the pick and roll game. Ariza would sweeten the deal a lot, and Dekker is thrown in for salary purposes (but I'd happily keep him out of the deal and throw in Ennis etc.)

Trade 2:

Houston in:

T.J. Warren
    John Jenkins

Phoenix in:

Trevor Ariza
    Montrez Harrell/Tyler Ennis
    Onauka

In what I consider a more realistic deal, Phoenix takes Ariza to split SF minutes with Tucker on a good value contract. They are enticed by the energy of Harrell or the 'potential' of Ennis (I believe they will seek a cheap guard as they will offload one of Knight or Bledsoe at some point) and we throw in Onauka to sweeten the deal (a prospect to develop). In return we get Warren and Jenkins, who is a solid guard who is a good shooter.

Additional trade:

Another random trade I came up with.

Houston in:

Tim Hardaway Jr.

Atlanta in:

Tyler Ennis

May seem like a 'meh' trade at first glance, but Hardaway Jr. is exactly the type of player we need more of. He's not particularly outstanding at any one trait, and has yet to have a break out season. I believe in an MDA system he would thrive, as he's not afraid to pull the trigger. He is a gunner and is an athletic wing. He and McDaniels would be awesome. Great mechanics on his jumper. Atlanta drafted both Prince and Bembry and in combination with Sefalosha, there is a significant glut on the wing in Atlanta. Hardaway will be out of contract at the end of the season and the Hawks are unlikely to pay him.

Atlanta put all their eggs in the Schroder basket, but they have a serious hole at back up PG. We sell Atlanta on Ennis' potential and market him as a stop gap for their point guard depth this season.

Win - win trade.

Ben McLemore could also be had for a bag of chips, and whilst he hasn't come along like a lot expected, he can still put the ball on the floor and be a threat from deep (great jumper too). I also believe he would thrive in a different environment and he is perhaps even more athletic than KJ. We need to be picking these type of players up on the cheap. Give me McLemore over Corey Brewer any day.

8. CertifiedTroll

This could be a ridiculous buy low/sell high proposition given your perspective. What do you guys think:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hq3lann

Straight up trade: Marcus Smart for KJ McDaniels.

Why we do it:
    We would finally have a young PG, who is a defensive bully. He is not just a pest like Bev, he can lock down, rebound, flop, get dirty, do it all on the defensive end. He is also a leader, has a winners mentality which is something that seems lacking on this team. His offense however is pretty mediocre at best.

Why Boston does it:
    On a small sample size, KJ is a better player. They have too many PGs so why not gamble.

For us, I do not know if this is really what we want. The real question is, do we plan to use KJ heavily? If we do, then do not pull the trigger. If we do not plan to use KJ then we should trade for Smart, it seems pretty simple.

9. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

Boston wouldn't even trade Marcus smart for nerlens noel

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So we defintely need another PG (one who can shoot, pass and controll the game), and we defintely need some rebounding in the front court whe Capela sits.

Dmo + 1st for Faried

Brewer and Harrell for Calderon

Beverley / Calderon
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / KJ
    Anderson / Faried
    Capela / Nene

+ Dekker, Wiltjer, Ennis, Brown and Onuaku
    Seems like a balanced rotation that would fix the problems we saw this preseason/1st game.

samtaylor likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You ever heard of Manimal Abuse?

12. CertifiedTroll

I realize this. But personally I value KJ higher than Nerlens (when healthy). I am biased like crazy, that is why I ask for opinions because my glasses do not come off .

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Our team has a defensive rebounding problem.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets in: Rudy gay, Mclemore
    Rockets out: pick(s), Ennis, Brewer, Ariza

Kings in: pick(s), Nick Collison, Brewer, Ennis, Morrow
    Kings out: Gay, Mclemore, Casspi

Thunder in: Ariza, Casspi
    Thunder out: Nick Collison, Morrow

Rockets get more playmaking at the SF and a young guard to come off the bench that fits team style now. Plus clear a roster spot for potential Dmo signing or maybe a pg.

Kings get something for gay. A solid vet (lol) in Brewer and a pick(s) or salary for a bigger trade. Also gives them a young pg in Ennis. Kings can buyout Nick Collison.

OKC gets Ariza and Casspi at SF where they are weak at.

15. Garner

Garner Member

The Blazers seem very ripe to make a consolidation trade.

They currently sitting at:

PF: Aminu / Ed Davis / Noah Vonleh
    C: Mason Plumlee / Meyers Leonard / Festus Ezili

Is it time to finally acquire a plumlee?! I wouldn't be crushed to see Al-Farouq Aminu make an appearance on this team either.

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Thunder are raping everyone and running

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think Bledsoe and/or Knight are going to be available later this year. Once is cheap the other super expensive but I think both could help.

18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I'm with you, Kenneth Faried would be a great fit for us. He could also run the PnR with Harden when Capela sits.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Faried is shooting 37% from the field this year so far. That's awful

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Capela for Eric Gordan :D