1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Nights Game Thoughts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mkahanek, Oct 27, 2016.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't usually start threads much less of this nature. But here are my thoughts on last nights game. I preface this by admitting my basketball knowledge is far from what it used to be. That said:

Anderson is not a starter. Period.

It was not the hot shooting of LA that did us in. 34% from the 3 point line isn't anything spectacular. Our 24% from 3 point land does, however suck.

If we are going to sign DMO do it already. If that happens and Pat gets back I think you need to move Anderson to the 2nd unit as he isn't starter material and I think Gordon goes to the bench, not because he doesn't deserve to start, but we need his ability to drive and draw defenders off the bench.

I am interested to see what would happen with a starting lineup of

Harden
    K.J.
    Ariza
    DMO
    Capella

Your 4 man bench (main rotation players as Mike D usually runs an 8 or 9 man rotation)
    Anderson
    Gordon
    Nene
    Beverly

Spot minutes for Dekker, Harrell, Ennis. Lets see Brewer.. Err. Well he can sweep up the empty Gatorade cups. Hell maybe he could be our trainer. Can't do worse than Keith piggly wiggly

I think unit one gives you some Defensive flexibility in K.J. and Ariza to an extent with Ariza and DMO able to hit some shots (assuming DMO moves back close to 14/15 DMO)

Then Gordon and Anderson in theory can light up a good number of teams second unit.

Then I say go ahead and bring Jeff Bzdelik aboard and see what he can do.. Oh. Wait he already.... ohhh.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

in all fairness, this team is not going to win many games, we don't have the personnel to defend, no matter what you try, Even Pop won't help us, we need 1 or 2 trade to be decent, anderson and gordon are doing what they are supposed to do, they are not going to suddenly become Klay thompson or Kwai

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

HAHA, just came across this from last season (a season where we finished with 55 wins.