1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] Should Morey Keep his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Should Morey keep his job?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. Yes

80.7%
  2. No

19.3%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just the annual poll, ladies and gentlemen. Poll closes in 7 days.

I changed the title from "Should Morey be fired?" because people would assume it was a personal attack against Morey in previous years. Keep that in mind when comparing with previous results. I'm presenting them here as if the question was "Should Morey keep his job?" all along. Sorry for the screw up :oops:

Also, 2011 and 2012 have different results now. I believe those polls were left open too long and the votes were ran up later on. What I have listed was accurate at the start of the third poll, which is when I started posting these.

April 2011 http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=203795 49% Yes, keep the job
    April 2012 http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=218699 58% Yes, keep the job
    July 2013 http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=241191 88% Yes, keep the job
    Sept 2014 http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=258318 86% Yes, keep the job
    Oct 2015 http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2015-should-morey-be-fired.269475/ 94% Yes, keep the job

#1 RV6, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    TheRealAllpro likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

First vote!

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why now lol? At least wait till the roster is set. He JUST released and unreleased Ennis then released Prigs.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Where's FTW Rockets FTW to spew anti-Morey vitriol? Thought he'd post here by now.

Slim Pickens: "I am depressed."

Somebody go see if he's okay. Starting to worry.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What else is he going to do? He didn't have a trade to free up a spot to save Pablo, so i doubt any trade is going to happen now. The timing of this poll is a bit tricky...i wanted to ask before preseason but with the DMo situation and last few spots up for grabs, i waited..

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, though I'm not quite sold there's no trade coming. I'm still operating under the delusion that we might be able to get rid of Brewer and a second round pick for more waivable contracts.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

whoa whoa whoa , this is some shady polling going on . All the polls in the previous year ask if he should get fired. You post the yes results which are increasingly going down ... Indicating CF wants him to keep his job .

This year you ask should he keep the job , yes being a good thing for Morey vs bad in the past .

How dare you make us read .

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, i messed up..i felt i needed to change the title (see OP) but forgot about the Yes/No consistency.....with initial votes being lopsided, i didn't want to just change the question again to fix this...

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

RV6, thanks for making the poll. However, you don't seem to be citing the results from past years correctly. For example, in the April 2011 poll, 83% voted "Yes, I'd keep Morey," and 17% voted "No, he should be fired." Where is the 51% "Yes" number coming from?

Secondly, you should stick with the question in this poll - "Should Morey keep his job" - when citing the results from past polls. The way you currently cite past results is misleading - you're making it seem like only 6% of people answered "Yes, he should keep his job" in Oct. 2015, which is the opposite of what they indicated.

If you are asking "Should Morey keep his job," the correct past results are (rounded up):

April 2011: 83% Yes, he should / 17% No he shouldn't
    April 2012: 69% Yes, he should / 31% No he shouldn't
    July 2013: 88% Yes, he should / 12% No he shouldn't
    Sept 2014: 86% Yes, he should / 14% No he shouldn't
    Oct 2015: 94% Yes, he should / 6% No he shouldn't

heypartner likes this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Fire Mouree!

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's been edited.. I'm sorry for the confusion. I copied it from last year and at the last minute decided to change the question, hence the screw up.

As for the first 2 results...I'm pretty confident of the results I have for them, especially because no one said they were wrong in previous years. Morey's approval wasn't that high back then. My guess (i wasn't the OP for those two) is the polls were still open and people ran up the votes in his favor later on.

#11 RV6, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Marsarinian likes this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

another premature firing? why not. lets fire mda's "defensive" assistant too and replace with an 'unde rdurress" jvg.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Of course it all depends on who you think you could replace him with and based on that criteria I think he should have job security for several more years.

14. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

How about, we wait till ,11 game mark?

heypartner likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Should Maury keep his job? I would say it depends

For knowledgeable NBA fans like me, the answer is NO. He has had 10 years to build a championship roster and in that time we have not come close to sniffing the NBA finals. Contrary to popular belief here, the roster for this season stands no chance to ring either. His repeated draft busts, blatant disrespect for coaching, his front running attitude and need for control, his spreadsheet way of GMing etc etc have all been a hindrance to the Rockets.

The average Joe with regular NBA knowledge and casual fan (many here), Murray should keep his job because ultimately all that matters to this set of fans is having the 3rd most winningest record in the regular season or something like that. To Maori's credit, he has done a good job of building regular season teams and this season is no different. This group also absolve Mouree of any blame because to them he is some MIT genius who can do absolutely no wrong.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Les should sell the team

Mazulis, J.R. and pippendagimp like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey just needs to turn the corner and figure some things out and not play any contenders in the next 20 games

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So the WCF is not close to the Finals?

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It is only close on Paper or on your computer when you are completing the brackets.

Reality is Rockets had close to no chance in that series and GSW cruised to a very comfortable 4-1 win.

20. CertifiedTroll

I said yes, but this is the first time EVER that I am starting to feel indifferent.