1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This is what the Wii U should have been. I see much more potential with this console than the last.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

For those with Trump sized baby hands...

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Looking forward to this. The price point has to be right though. No more than $300 I would hope.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The Wii U should've been that, but I'm not sure if that would still entice me to upgrade. I feel like the Wii U should be capable of handling Switch games.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will be probably buy this just because it looks like it will be a lot of fun. And Nintendo games are family friendly and a lot of fun.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This will be Nintendos way of entering Apple-like hardware cycles. 2018 there will be a 1080p screen and 2019 a 4k display. Maybe new varried attachment controllers. Promising.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Looks fun and much more intriguing than whatever Wii U was.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looks neat but not for me personally. Would probably be best used by a kid.

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I loved the WII U, and think it is great that they are expanding on the technology. This looks super cool.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just hope that it will be able to play every other game that other consoles can play. Showing NBA 2k and Skyrim was a start...but for example will the new Red Dead be there? I always feel that Nintendo would do much better if it didn't feel like you buy their system for their games.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Looks cool. I definitely want to try it out.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There will be a lot of lost sections of controllers.

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I'm not even a gamer, haven't owned a console in probably 8 years, but this looks really cool, I think I would buy this.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Did you look in the couch? Between the cushions. That's where they always are. Really? You looked? And they aren't there. Ok. Look. I just found them...In the cushions. You guys will never learn.

15. opticon

opticon Member

My 8 year old son will love this. He loves his wiiu and often plays on his game pad only. Being able to take the console on the and still be able to detach the controller is an amazing feature that I could see him using.

If the console performs well I could honestly see my self buying two if they allow game sharing over a lan or direct link connection.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Based off the specs I've heard, I wouldn't hold your breath on RDR. First off it's based off of a mobile gaming platform. That makes comparison to a PS4/Xbox One difficult. Games will be cute, but I don't know if this system will even be as powerful as the current generation systems. I highly doubt it will be anywhere near as powerful as a PS4Pro or Xbox Scorpio.

My point is I think most if not all games will be shooting for 1080p. Based off what I saw from RDR2, I'm not saying Rockstar couldn't do it. What I am saying is it almost definitely wouldn't come out at the same time as the PS4/Xbox versions just based off past experience with Rockstar. It certainly won't look as good.

I like that Nintendo is doing something different, but I haven't seen or heard anything from them that would lead me to think this console generation will be any different from the Wii U or GameCube. They'll come out talking about being competitive and having third party support. After about 2 years of them being behind Sony/MS in sales, all third parties will drop out and it'll just be first party Nintendo games again.

PCs, Playstation, and Xbox are all very similar to develop for now (not to mention both PS/Xbox are AMD tech. Switch is Nvidia). Companies aren't going to go out of their way to develop for the least common denominator.

The Wii was incredibly different from anything else when it came out, then Nintendo flubbed marketing in the worst way with the Wii U. The Switch looks fun, and it'll sell because people want to play Nintendo games (I'm going to buy one to play Zelda). With that said if you buy a PSP you can play PS4 games remotely. If you buy Xbox games, you're starting to get the same game free for Windows 10. They ain't catching the big two.

Tldr:
    It looks cool, but it's going to be more of the same for Nintendo sales wise, which will lead to third party developers dropping out and focusing on Xbox/Playstation again.

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Graphics look too good to be true. Especially for that small device.

18. Amir's Johnson

[​IMG]

19. Amir's Johnson

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What? No they don't.