1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. CertifiedTroll

Hasn't he openly voiced that he wanted to be traded, and was not OK with what was going on in Philly? Having your knee blow up like that when you are not even 200 lbs as a 7'?

Those seem to be red flags to me. Also, I would need statistical proof that shows he is good at defense before I believe that he is (requesting CFans stat gurus' input here).

Also, piles of garbage? Are you serious? Decker already looks better than Noel. DMo (when healthy) is better than Noel, so he is worth the gamble to see if his health returns. And Wiltjer will be an All Star when he learns to hustle back on D.

2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I believe Milsap would make us true contenders. Have you seen Anderson's defense? And it's against preseason opponents.

The Warriors will seek him out in PNR and exploit him.

I would also believe Morey would only trade for him if he waived his player option.

All of this doesn't matter if the Hawks start season off well

3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

To add on, I'm not saying Anderson is a bad player, he will win us a lot of regular season games.

At some point you have to look at the match up with the Dubs.

4. Raz

Raz Member

Of course Millsap would be nice to have, but given the circumstances I mentioned, you just don't spend anything of value - and the Hawks would ask for a lot. Not to speak of Millsap who will never risk his last big contract next summer regarding the new cap situation. We would have to give up several picks and key players to match salaries. Not going to happen.

5. CallMeTheDream

We can stare that matchup in the face until we're blue in the face. The reality of it is is nobody's beating the Dubs whether we like it or not. We could have Millsap AND Anderson and it wouldn't make a difference. This season is just to show the league we're competitive again and hopefully lure more free agents to take them on in 1-2 years.

6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I understand what your saying, the price might be high but we have 2 years with James. Our situation should be considered Win Now, free agency is such a crap shoot. If you can get a player through trade, you have to do it.

7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

8. Raz

Raz Member

So what's your idea? What are you willing to sacrifice? I don't see a deal that works for both sides.

9. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If Javale gets dropped by the warriors we should pick him up. He's an able body and would be killer in the pick and roll. Makes capela and Harrell slightly more expendable in the future as well. I'd rather have McGee than Harrell on this roster.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'd trade Dekker, Harrell and an unprotected future 1st for Paul George. Would that be considered highway robbery or manslaughter or both? LOL

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dekker is better than Noel?!? You're not certified, you're certifiable.

12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I doubt the Pacers would trade George even if we could give them the whole roster except Harden.

13. CertifiedTroll

I am speaking with very limited info. I have not watched much of Noel. What I saw was uninspiring. I could be wrong, but I just really do not see him amounting to anything. I also feel 76ers stat inflation is real.

If I am wrong, oh well, it makes no difference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nerlens Noel is what we all hope Capela can become. Not since Dream have we seen a center with such agility on perimeter combined with the intuitive ability to dominate passing lanes.

Still needs to get bigger, stronger but so does Capela.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hasn't Capela surpassed him in experience alone?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Uh, no.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

can 2nd round picks be traded after being signed for a month? espn trade machine has a 3 month trade restriction on onuaku

18. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I think we can trade Brewer to the Bulls. They seem to be building a team full of non shooters:D

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member