1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What mattress do you use? Do you love it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by larsv8, Sep 25, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Another vote for tuft and needle. We replaced all our old mattresses with them when we moved 6 months ago.

Even with a variety of different sleepers, they have been fantastic for our family.

No ragrets

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Simmons Beauty Rest, about $700.
    Review: 4.6/5

I am a side semi fetal sleeper, never had any back problems, no current aches, and find this mattress very comfortable. I'm not picky though, I could sleep on the floor just was easily.

The inner spring is good for non sleeping activities.

#22 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yeah that's what I've heard. The price is great on all 3 that I mentioned as they're all competing against each other. I'm hoping to get one in the next few months.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have heard good things about purple

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What in the world is a non sleeping activity you'd do on a bed?

6. awc713

awc713 Member

Go to Texas Mattress Makers. Seriously, you will thank me later. I shopped for months. I went to countless national retailers (e.g., Mattress Firm), and read hundreds of reviews. I settled on the Noah Allen Plush from TMM for the following reasons:

1) I, too, was weary of TMM because it lacks a national reputation. However, TMM was cheaper and better than any other bed and retailer. TMM's prices are cheaper (without sacrificing quality) because their customer's don't pay absurd overhead charges of national retailers. TMM's store is also it's manufacturing warehouse. There is no overhead charge, either, from the manufacturing company...because it is that company. That's not the case at retailers whom sell Sealy, Tempurpedic, etc.

2) The beds are outstanding quality, and I do not say that lightly. I was weary of purchasing it, scared that the lower price was due to lower quality products. Read their Yelp reviews. Please. Help yourself!

3) THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT: The staff at TMM is leagues and bounds better than any other retailer. Not only were they far more knowledgeable than the other retailers I dealt with, but most importantly, TMM's staff understood that sleeping (and beds) are unique to each person. TMM watched how my body conformed to different beds (we tried about 5-6 different ones) to determine which was the best fit. They watch how your back, neck, and shoulders align, how much you sink, etc. They know what they are doing. I was not given ANY individual critique at ANY major mattress store, and I shopped around for months. The knowledge of some of the national retainers is pitiful. They overlook this analysis completely. How one bed works with one customer may not work with another, even if they seek the same product. TMM gave me the perfect mattress for ME, and I sleep incredibly every night. I wake up very refreshed with no soreness. That said, I cannot recommend the Noah Plush for you, but I can recommend TMM, because they will find the right bed for YOU.

5) TMM staff are not given commission. Their goal isn't to put you on any given bed, or to push you to a more expensive one. When I went to Mattress Firm, the sales reps wouldn't leave me alone, constantly badgered me, and were pushing me to more expensive beds. TMM staff actually pushed me to a cheaper mattress because it was a better fit for my body and the way I slept.

TL;DR - Texas Mattress Makers is for smart mattress purchasers.

#26 awc713, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Reading Nancy Drew by flashlight under the covers so mom won't see the light.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Oh.

I was thinking it was like when you put red wine at one corner of the bed and drop a bowling ball at the other corner to see if the wine spills.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking about jumping up and down on a bed. I mean, what other activity would involve a repetitive motion that would require a spring?

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

Casper! its medium soft and very comfortable. Free trial for 100 days or they'll take it back for a full refund

(plus you could use my promo code...)

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Sex.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tempurpedic...best $3500 I ever spent

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Beautyrest Black Hybrid.....

Slept on a world class Beautyrest.....loved it. Attempted Tempurpedic, but gave it to my parents, as it isolates you too much....that's why I went with hybrid....the innerspring allows for ease of movement....

RasaqBoi likes this.