1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

How do you not start the show off with the CWC? Yeah let's bring Steph and Foley and Roman why don't yah?

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This has been an incredible RAW. They've really figured out things the last two eps since the brand split.

Clash of Champions could be PPV of the year

Universal Championship - Rollins v Owens
    WWE Women's Championship - Sasha v Bayley v Charlotte
    United States Championship - Reigns v Rusev
    WWE Tag Team Championship - The Club v New Day
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Kendrick v Perkins
    #1 Contender Best of Seven, Match Seven - Cesaro v Sheamus
    Y2J v Zayn

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The Cruiserweight fatal four way was great got all four guys over. That crowd went from about 5-10% enthused too be about 60-70% by the end. Kendrick is def the right first choice, with the most developed character.

Rollins/Rusev, Charlotte & Dana/Sasha & Bayley, Cesaro/Sheamus, The CW match and now Owens/Reigns steel cage. All these matches have progressively gotten better with the show

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

This has been an incredible RAW. They've really figured out things the last two eps since the brand split.

Clash of Champions could be PPV of the year

Universal Championship - Rollins v Owens
    WWE Women's Championship - Sasha v Bayley v Charlotte
    United States Championship - Reigns v Rusev
    WWE Tag Team Championship - The Club v New Day
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Kendrick v Perkins
    #1 Contender Best of Seven, Match Seven - Cesaro v Sheamus
    Y2J v Zayn

5. Amir's Johnson

Incredible? You must have really low expectations. The only good thing about tonight's show was the cruiserweight match. As of right now, Smackdown is the better show.

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

SmackDown is ****. Has one interesting main Eventer, the best tag team in the world isn't used, the women's division is a joke compared to whats on RAW and Dolph Ziggler is a cancer.

RAW the last two weeks easily top SD's boring uninteresting PPV. Only thing SD has better is the commentary of Mauro & JBL.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Totally agree. Smackdown is consistently better with tighter storylines and just plain more fun. (Talking Smack is always a great watch too) RAW always seems like they're just throwing sh-t together and that 3rd hour drags like a MFer. Cruiserweights were about the only thing I enjoyed on the show tonight, and most of my anticipation was built up watching CWC so I came in hyped for it.

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

You are crazy if you think Kendrick is the right guy. He can go but Alexander and Swann can GO. They would have put on a classic with TJP.

Seth is a full fledged face now and I love it.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There's a change in his style too, which is great.

The cruiserweights felt kind of rushed and inserted into the show without much thought or fanfare. They've spent weeks, months?, building up this division as the exciting new addition, and the advantage raw will have over smackdown. But when the time comes to the match, it's just: here are the guys, fatal four way. No introduction of the champ or showing off the belt, and thrown in during the 3rd hour, when the show usually hits its low point and viewing audiences get tired. Match placement is just nitpicking, but I think they should have opened Raw.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can enjoy both shows. Though how anyone could think JBL contributes positively to the quality of a broadcast blows my mind. He's terrible.

Where SmackDown is lacking is in midcards (other than Miz). But I guess they figured with a 2 hour show they wouldn't have enough time for them.

11. Beavis Stiffler

I think SmackDown is leaning towards a little more to the Attitude-era/ECW/nWo type show while RAW is like the Indy-type program and that's what I like for both of these shows. I want both to be different and not copy or rip-off each other's ideas. I just hope they can make it more interesting to watch so that more casual people can talk and trend about it on social media and put it mainstream.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Where the *** was TJP? You know the guy who won the whole thing? Awful raw just awful. 3 hours is just too much.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Becky's ass in those leggings. My god.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Kendrick Perkins is now in the WWE.

Makes sense

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I feel like Ziggler is going to win, which is lame.

Edit

Good.

Although, it's coming. Then a Miz for Cesaro trade.

#4895 Haymitch, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This has been my thought as well, or similar. It's the only reason to make up the fact that Miz is in contract negotiations, and why they keep this "championship opportunity" bs as vague as it is.

Cesaro wins, is granted his opportunity. Tells Mick he wants a shot at the IC title. Meanwhile DB and Miz have negotiated something like as long as he's champion he'll stay on smackdown, since DB wants the title on smackdown, but not Miz. So he'd welcome the chance for Cesaro to win it, and Mick would be forced to allow it because of the vague yet strict wording of the best of 7 terms. Cesaro wins, and a trade is forced because they'll make up a reason that the IC belt belongs to smackdown.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm actually excited for this best of 7 to finish. Partly because of my farfetched idea, but also their match on raw was very enjoyable. Short, and hard hitting. The razors' edge into a backbreaker looked so painful.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Either Ziggler needs to win something or they need to stop pretending he's a legit contender for anything.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why would Cesaro want too be on SD and challenge for the IC Title when he could be the #1 contender for the Universal championship with a win on Sunday

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not completely sure the winner of the best of 7 gets a shot at the championship (ie Universal champ); I remember the wording being a shot at a championship (any title).

I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing the Universal Championship specified as the belt they would become #1 contender for.

I'd be fine with that. Problem is a lack of competition for him (and Miz) on Smackdown. Corbin already steamrolled him, so what other heel is there for him than the Miz? It has to be Miz who he feuds with and eventually beats.

Shame they have Bo Dallas beating jobbers on Raw; he'd have made a good foe for Dolph.

#4900 Haymitch, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016