1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The All-Encompassing Watt Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ericstocracy, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Complete silliness. First, Jones was about stats. When that didn't work, it changed to All-Pro selections. When that didn't work, it switched to "personal preference", lmao.

The hating/backtracking is entertaining.

2. Houstunna

Supporting Member

How long has PD been stat?

I just looked up Lott, the Woodsons, and they had zeros until maybe toward the end.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's newer, I'd imagine well after sacks and right around the time of TFL, QB hits/hurries, targets for WR, etc....

4. conquistador#11

I thought it was a stat since the sack became a stat, early 80s?
    i guess I should use a modern cb.
    Nnamdi asomugah , 43 through 5 seasons, though a lot of balls weren't thrown in that direction. But still the PDs are astronomical for a non DB.

Did Jones change his mind after people sent their stats?

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

He's now on "personal preference".

When substance fails, argue the abstract.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

awesome shirt today

[​IMG]

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't know about awesome. Standard long sleeved white T with a logo on the front.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yep, I was just flipping through the stations, and just so happened to hear this dumb schit.

I heard that crap this morning. Even though Sean Jones was my favorite Oiler defensive player on Tecmo Bowl, that was just saying **** just to try and sound non-biased or be controversial.

9. Buck Turgidson

Call in and remind him that William Fuller and Ray Childress were both better.

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

LOL! Hell yeah! That Oilers D was brutal. With Dishman, Bo Orlando, McDowlell, and Eddie Robinson. I always used them and I could even contain Bo Jackson with those dudes. Also, they had frickin Dean Steinkuhler, just one of the coolest football names ever.

But yeah, Sean Jones is trash on the radio, and JJ is the man.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sean Jones is brutal. He thinks he knows everything about football because he played it but his takes are often trash. I think he may just be a contrarian but it's annoying as ****. Unfortunately the other option is Jon Lopez. Von Milller is great but Watt has won defensive player of the year 3 of the last 4 and they weren't even close decisions. It's not even a legitimate argument.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was disappointed in Sean's take since I've liked him on the radio for all the little stories he told that happened behind-the-scenes instead of the rehashed garbage I keep reading and hearing over and over.

I've listened to his take on JJ for months and I get where he comes from when he says you can't rank JJ as high as a Reggie White or a Lawrence Taylor (or, as he adds, "not yet"). But I don't like it when he can't back down when he's incorrect when it comes to stats. There's also a bit too much "I know better than you because you're just a casual football fan" or a "you're looking at it through Houston-tinted glasses" (although in many cases, he may not be that far off on the latter). I'm surprised Clanton didn't back down today... he's usually scared he's going to get his head knocked off. :grin: I still love their show and the Kalu/Koch show, though.

13. Buck Turgidson

Call and ask him for some financial advice.

He is a shady POS.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sean Ghost was my favorite Halloween Oiler

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oiler D was pretty good, but I usually had good luck with them when I played at KC. Christian Okoye and Barry Word FTW. Not to mention Derrick Thomas.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is the season...where...people will look at the only accomplishment JJ does NOT have...a title. Until he wins a title, people will continue to tear at his success.

First you are loved...then hated...then you are loved again when you leave the game.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[youtube]MsvsgI38O8k[/youtube]

18. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Damn son! I had forgotten all about the KC team. They were damn good. Derrick Thomas was just super bad ass. :cool:

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Dean Steinkuhler, Mike Munchak, Don Maggs, Doug Dawson, just SOUNDS like a Good-at-FOOTBALL line

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Jones just went on an idiotic, rambling, incoherent speech about JJ Watt being a pretty good player who just looks great because he plays in an era without a lot of great defensive players. Speechless.