1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BLM leader robbed at gunpoint, calls for more cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Students concerned about increased crime near University of Houston main campus

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
    A University of Houston grad student was robbed at gunpoint just outside his off-campus apartment by a man he mistook as a student.

Jerry Ford Jr. has fought for social justice around Houston as one of the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement. But Wednesday night, he became a victim.

"The guy was standing right here just seemed like he was hanging out," Ford said. "I told him wassup. He asked me did I have a key to get in. I told him yeah I'm about to go upstairs."

Ford lives just blocks from the UH campus at the Vue on MacGregor apartments.

"I reach in right here to open the door and I turn back around and he has the gun right there in my face," he tells us.

The bad guy took his wallet and his phone and ran off into MacGregor Park.

"It was just a couple of weeks ago that somebody was robbed just across the bayou at the bus stop," said Aaron Maxwell.

Last month, dozens of vehicles were broken into at the Campus Vue apartments around the corner.

Maxwell is a sophomore transfer student who also lives at the Vue on MacGregor. He says he didn't know about the robbery until we told him about it.

"It's a little daunting. I'm not from Houston and I just moved here for school and everything. And it seems to be...it's not just here at this property, it's the area," he said.

All this as the university touts its record enrollment. These apartments mainly house UH students, but the university says UH Police do not patrol them. Ford says that needs to change.

"It's becoming a pattern. I hope they would take a bigger stance and put more security over here because you have a lot of people walking back and forth to class," Ford said.

As scary as this was, Ford actually feels bad for the guy.

"I would've gave him money," he said. "I would've talked to him because the real crime is why is he in that position that he feels the need to come and hang out at a college campus and rob people of stuff they worked for."

Houston police say the suspect is a black man around 30 years old, 5'6 to 5'7, around 150 pounds with medium dreadlocks. He was wearing dark shorts and a camouflage shirt. If you have any information on this robbery, you're asked to call Crime stoppers at 713-222-TIPS(8477).

http://abc13.com/news/students-concerned-about-increased-crime-near-uh/1504487/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supreme ironing right here.

2. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dBPoWv1IgtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Reminder, BLM is not against bad cops they are against all cops.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good for him, looks like he picked an excellent mark.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really. It would be irony if BLM argued for no cops, since that's not their argument then there is no irony to be found here.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That's really part of their mission statement (seriously asking)? Link?

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

From pretend victim to actual victim. sucks for that dude. I'm sure the cops will get right on getting his stuff back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U-zJL9JuOLQ?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Really, Houston news, "the bad guy..."?

I only take my clothes there when I'm pressed for time.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure talking to him about it would have gone very well.

Sometimes people rob or hurt other people because they want what you have.

Nothing more or less than that.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BLM aren't anti-cop, they are anti-cops who discriminate and engage in unecessary brutality.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never considered this before, but given their mentality of not blaming criminals for their actions, you could make an amazing collection of leads for hard working armed robbers at any given BLM anti cop rally. It would be like the criminal version of Glengarry leads.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.... just like the Tea Party didn't hate minorities.

13. Dei

Dei Member

And demonized cops and sided with the criminals no matter the outcome of the investigation and trial.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Don't give up on your education just yet, Jerry...or your generosity.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This thread is all kinds of amusing. A thread started by a white supremacist backed up by a Trump troll and a sociopath with a little false equivalency mixed in for good measure.

Classic conservative tactic. If you protest the war, you hate the troops. If you sit during the national anthem, you hate America. If you protest police brutality, you hate cops and cede your right to be protected by them. Ho Ho Ho!

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's as if conservatives hate introspective criticism.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's a childlike paint by numbers approach to dissent.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one expects you to follow along kiddo and attempting to cover for the anti-cop BLM people by bringing up other unrelated things is a pretty obvious tactic. Also, if you disrespect the national anthem for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever, it's perfectly fair to say you are disrespecting the country. If you disrespect the country AND you go out of your way to wear Castro shirts and "pig cops" socks.....it's pretty clear where you stand.

As to the BLM morons, of course they still have the right to be protected by the cops they so very much hate....it's what makes it funny. They are whining about cops one second with "fry like bacon" nonsense, and then crying out for cops to save them the next because all too often they are nothing but mark ass b****es. It's hilarious when they seek the protection of the cops they protest from the types of people they are out supporting.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's kind of like when conservatives fight for their various religions, and then get sick and beg for a rationale scientist, right? :)

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no, nothing in common whatsoever. Nice try though.