1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Mr. Robot Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

more of a freedom vs. control dichotomy

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's just a TV show. I'm as libertarian as it gets but, yeah, it's a freaking TV show.

I'm glad that I'm able to enjoy different forms of entertainment even when a fictional character or storyline doesn't align with my own personal political leanings. Being like that sounds pretty miserable.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Trying too remember the prison distortion stuff

Did the dude with dreads kill all those white power guys trying to rape Elliott? A dark army assassin they pulled strings to protect Elliott.

I guess he wrote the FBI exploit while working on the prison wardens illegal black marketplace site.

Pretty rad

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Is there a single thread you can keep unadulterated without your stupid bull****? If you have such a sad and angry life keep it to yourself.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Me, I turned off The Wire when I detected insincere commitment to the core tenets of Anarcho-Syndication in Season 2.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Thoughts on the finale anyone?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't have the big payoff I think many were wanting. I think I would have wanted a more fulfilling episode for a season finale ideally; this felt more like the episode before the finale. (Perhaps this is why I should stick to binge-ing on shows after they've finished.)

But it wasn't a bad episode.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I thought the finale was great and had some reveals that take Season 3 in an interesting direction, but the "payoff" factor was missing, admittedly. Mr. Robot would have benefited greatly from being on Netflix and being available for binge watching, I think. It has the feel of a movie more than an episodic TV show.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I rather enjoyed it. That last bit really has me thinking about all kinds of possibilities.....

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show rocks.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even binge watching the show didn't save the season for me. I was expecting the payoff to be in the finale, but ultimately felt cheated...like watching one Hobbit movie only to be told there are two more.

There are like 5 episodes worth of good material and 2 episodes worth of pure writer induced delay from Elliott's insanity and internal conflict. Might be because I wanted to know either what Stage 2 is and what Mr. Robot expects it'll do to people, rather than waiting 6 more months for the answer.

It can redeem itself if the first couple of episodes of s3 are non-stop action, but the pacing has been erratic and mostly dragging to a crawl.

It's still one of the most painfully detailed shows that justifies high expectations. Those scenes where Amanda learns how to negotiate and finally earn things on her terms is one of those little details of how broad a commentary the show runners putting down.

Kinda like the Walking Dead finale, they didn't need to resort to a cheap cliffhanger gimmick.

#91 Invisible Fan, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

They revealed what Stage 2 is and what it'll "do too people"

They are going to destroy all the physical paper work that E Corp has of clients involving debt, loans that people will no longer be on the hook for having to pay back, etc by creating a bomb through all of the servers/computers in that storage facility overheating.

This is going to destabilize there banking system for good, they cannot rebuild there database and be a functioning competent business without all of this paperwork. They will not be able to issue loans (which makes E-Coin completely useless and benefits Dark Army and Bitcoin as the main currency in the entire world). The two trillion dollar loan that they recieved from China and Dark Army and are going to use for E Coin will be a waste of cash and they'll still be forced to pay back that cash. It will bury them financially. They lose all faith in people who have yet to jump ship and may face millions of class action lawsuits if people don't have access to personal checking and savings accts.

In many ways this is much bigger than 5/9. And I think it was a great payoff of a finale.

Also liked Elliott's prison distortion storyline and he certainly was more than writers delaying. He still wrote the FBI exploit while in prison which destroyed all the video evidence and databases they had on everything involving F Society and allowed them access to FBI's email, conference calls, etc and basically know the moves to make. They know who F Society is and they know the guilty involved but without that physical evidence they have nothing that can bring them down without Darlene cracking and confessing/working with them.

The Dark Army is protecting Tyrell, Elliott, Angela and now Trenton & Mobley. So they are safe. Thought Mobley's conscience was going to make it all unravel. Trenton still seems to be hacking and trying to find ways to smooth over things.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's more about timing for me. I'd rather the finale trigger the hack that explodes the ingenious bomb than have 3-4 gimmicky flashforward episodes coming next year leading up to the bomb exploding and covering its after effects (another 2 episodes).

The jail reveal was good (I suspected his Seinfeld friend was imaginary), but the last 3 eps of Mr. Robot still keeping Elliott in the dark to the point where Elliott sabotages himself was writer induced tedium to me. It felt like sandbagging despite the investment and conflict resolution 6 episodes before.

If they were faced with cancellation, you bet your ass they'd tightened the writing here and there.

Just my 2 cents as a harsh critic...

14. FishBulb913

Anyone else still watching this? Season 3 has been fantastic. Last night was a 60 minute, commercial free "single shot" episode.

GRENDEL likes this.
  15. GRENDEL

I've enjoyed the whole season, episode last night was amazing......

16. FishBulb913

Absolutely. Season 2 didn't lose me, but it went off the rails in some spots. Season 3 is probably the best season yet and that's saying a lot.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. GRENDEL

Yep, in total agreement.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you guys but I believe Season 3 continues the ratings decline. When it comes to ratings, Season 2 killed the show and it won't recover regardless of how much better it is.

Not that ratings matter in this case. A season 4 would give it enough episodes to be attractive for syndication.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gotta rekindle that interest in Elliot.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I haven't watched the latest episode, but I'm kind of confused.