1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Heypartner faints. DD style

2. alethios

alethios Member

Another stellar article...:rolleyes:

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really expect them to do much honestly. He's got the standing offer so he'll either need to accept it, or reject it and find a team he'd rather play for. Honestly, leaving for another team is probably in his best interest.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

You'll see...

[rquoter]The agent for Houston Rockets restricted free agent power forward Donatas Motiejunas expressed some concern with the team about a lack of progress on a new contract.

"They haven't made us a serious offer," Motiejunas' agent, BJ Armstong told ESPN on Wednesday. "Our moment of truth will be October 1. We'll make a decision on that day."

The Rockets, who don't comment publicly regarding pending player contracts, made a $3.4 million qualifying offer this summer. Armstrong indicated if a deal isn't done Motiejunas may not sign the qualifying offer. Motiejunas, who started in 22 of 37 total games last season, has met with new coach Mike D'Antoni and was told he would have a significant role with the team.

Motiejunas' start for the 2015-16 season was delayed because he was recovering from back surgery. At the trade deadline, the Rockets traded him to the Detroit Pistons, but the deal was later rejected because Motiejunas failed his physical due to back issues.

However, Motiejunas played well for the Rockets after the trade was recorded, averaging 6.2 points and 2.9 rebounds per game.

The previous season, a healthy Motiejunas set career-highs in points per game (12) and minutes per game (28.7).

As a stretch four, the Rockets have placed a value on Motiejunas.

Yet with training camp scheduled to start Sept. 24, it's somewhat surprising a deal hasn't been completed for his services.

"There's only so much we can do based on the current CBA," Armstrong said alluding to the fact Motiejunas is a restricted free agent and outside of getting an offer from another team, which the Rockets can match, he's in limbo. "I'm not frustrated, this is what it is. We'll know where the Rockets stand by (Oct. 1). All deals get done in the 11th hour."[/rquoter]

So go find another - that 'serious' - offer? I mean, it's not as if you haven't had all summer. Guessing it's not out there.

5. dmoneybangbang

Kinda late to be trying to talk from a position of power...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:confused:

hmmm. Not following the call-out. Was this meant to be directed to basketballholic? Everyone else around here assumed this is what was going on.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Llull sí

3 people like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Define 'Serious' B.J.

Rocket River

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

HIB is calling you out! :eek:

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow, they are struggling to get DMo a deal. Getting so desperate that they aren't even contacting Woj, they are going straight BSPN. DMo's agent needs to earn his cut.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Pull the offer. Low ball deals don't often work out so well for both parties.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Pulling the offer results in rockets losing RFA on DMo. As is, low ball then have another team offer him a better deal and match is the best way for the rockets to keep DMo. I don't think the rockets are the lowest offer, I think they are the only one. RFA and injury makes DMo unattractive as the female version of Donald Trump.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Why hasn't the agent found another team so the Rockets can match?
    That's the point of restricted free agent I thought.

Dmo probably should fire the agent if anything

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Exactly . Maybe there are no other teams offering anything . Maybe Dmo is scared the rockets won't match ... And he really wants to be a rocket . Maybe Dmo is scared he rockets will match ... And he really doesn't want to be a rocket.

Hopefully this ends soon . I feel for the guy , terrible timing with the back injury .

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah that seems it. If another team really wanted him, ESPECIALLY at his low price, someone would have offered. Thats a quick turnaround for being 1st round pick trade value to no offers in a heavy-spending free agency period.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pulling the offer isn't possible.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dmo's agent is cracking and this is a desperation play to attract offers.

Dmo will sign here.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

I love the "I'm not frustrated" line and then proceeds to 'blast' the Rockets. :grin:

"I'm not frustrated, this is what it is.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same thing I said, QO is probably the way he goes, because if he doesn't take it he remains a RFA in the NBA.

DD