1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie]All Eyez on Me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jul 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_YZINSZA8mQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 tinman, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Please don't suck. PLEASE don't suck.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Oh snap. So 2 movies coming up with Pac in them? Aren't they making one in a sequel to Straight Outta Compton? Or is this it?

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Ungus falls in a faint.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3Rf7CKNCpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This. The GOAT on the mic. PLEASE do not suck.

7. what

what Member

Sho u right! I'm an OG. I'm down with OPP, and all dat!

8. LonghornFan

Any new crystal gale music you enjoy, what?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It looks low budget to me. What do I know though

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

extended scene on blue ray have him sipping on ciroc at the bahamas present day

11. what

what Member

It's not that. It's more about the ridiculousness of how rap (in these movies) are idealized as social protest. And how Tupac will no doubt go through the deification of him.

And tinman especially is right there as a loyal solider doing his due diligence to say, "I was down."

I've listened to Tupac, both his albums and his interviews and while he was undoubtedly more socially conscious than the average rapper: to say that I learned something from him that I didn't know already as though he had such a great intelligence is false.

I don't believe he had any deep intellectual insight. I don't think he was an idoit by any means, but he wasn't a deep intellectual either.

12. LonghornFan

Opinions are what make message boards great. Although I completely disagree with your assessment, I respect it. Not gonna argue about music. We all have our own we love. Still hope this movie lives up to the NWA one. I love Pac like no other in his genre, would hate to some some VH1 cheese.

13. what

what Member

I assumed you would (disagree with me) since you pitted my love of Crystal Gayle against my assessment of the movie.

And it is absolutely true that I hold country artists in the same regard as I hold rap artists, no better or worse, just different.
    I would never say that Country is better than Rap as an artistic medium, but I assume that you in fact would probably say that Rap is a superior art form to Country music.
    And that's mostly what irks me the most about Rap in general. Is that people really believe that Rap is superior.

It's music.

Do you think Rap is superior, and why?

14. LonghornFan

I'm a fan of country up to about 1992. I don't listen to it any longer so I can't respond but beyond a few artists out now hip hop is kind of dead to me. Can't stand auto tune, fake beefs and minimal talent thanks to digital recording on an iMac.

I will say that I cannot stop listening to Jack Whites acoustic record. I've always dug him but this album is beyond words. The bluegrass, story telling, just utterly amazing music. Imo he's a musical genius.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry what I can't respond either. Country is practically the only type of music I don't like.

Besides Cash, Willie, Garth Brooks (a few of his songs) There isn't much else out there that appeals to me at all.

16. what

what Member

Well, I don't listen to much new Country music either. But the ones I do listen to are usually female artists: Maddie and Tae, Jana Kramer, Kelsea Ballerini. I do like Eric Church.

But I understand what you are saying there. If I had to listen to the radio stations, I would go insane with the stupidity of most of those songs. Terrible music.

Also, Johnny Cash has more in common with Tupac, than 2chains does. :)

17. LonghornFan

Not even lying. No idea who 2 chains is. I'm outa touch with most of today's hip hop outside of Jay, Kanye, Cole, Kendrick, VH1 Hip Hop wives and Justin Timberlake. One of those was a joke.

I only know if Wiz cuz of one song like 4 years ago but he's always in my girlfriends magazine thanks to that weird stripper now talk show host he had a baby with.

OH! I do love that Chris Stapleton album. Listened to it in the pool a lot this summer. Wish he'd do a cover of "Hit em up."

#17 LonghornFan, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. what

what Member

Oh, you are missing out man. 2chain's Watch Out, that is a masterpiece!

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.28283/t...-he-wasnt-real-gangster-but-he-acted-gangster

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u19HmKx69GE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't respect what
    he knows nothing about hip hop

he's just trolling , like when the straight outa compton movie came out, he started yapping about 2 live crew