1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's New Signature Shoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

because they were adidas. nike/jordan dominated the basketball shoe market when kobe was with adidas in his early years. brand matters. like i said, nobody cared about adidas until kanye went there. hell, adidas was the laughing stock not too long ago with all the injuries to ball players wearing adidas.

another example, look at steph curry and under armour. you wouldn't find anybody, dead, in any UA shoes. Now he has the 4th most popular NBA signature shoe as they've sold very well. you have to remember that fans are loyal and will buy just because of the brand or player, regardless if ugly or not. notice how puma got rihana and kylie jenner their own shoe lines.

and im sorry, we may disagree because I think the yeezy 750 are ugly as ****. the lows look ok but these? And for $350? lol nobody is buying these if they were Dwights and not Kanye

[​IMG]

2. ln3012

ln3012 Member

solid? he was one of the worse starting guards in the league last year

3. alethios

alethios Member

If those are indeed shoes that Kylie and Rihanna wear, I can understand what the side pocket-looking things are for, but otherwise, I'm at a loss for what purpose that serves.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Such a nice shoe. They're pretty comfy, the lows even more so.

5. RocketsFan90s

RocketsFan90s New Member

No one said anything about these because they are bad ass (spoiler-below). Mainstream internet is lame as hell and ruined memes. The media made it cool to hate Harden. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

#86 RocketsFan90s, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2018
  6. craguin

craguin Member

7. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

If that last pic is the actual shoe I really like them

8. bmd

bmd Member

Aren't those the Crazylight Boost 2.5 that are already out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. craguin

craguin Member

Yeah, that looks like 'em.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. RocketsFan90s

RocketsFan90s New Member

These dope.
    [​IMG][/SPOILER][/IMG]

#91 RocketsFan90s, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

http://solecollector.com/news/2016/09/james-harden-adidas-crazylight-boost-2016-ghost-pepper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adidas is playing to James Harden's culinary strengths with this spicy new version of the Crazylight Boost 2016. The sneaker, a reference to Harden's cooking habits on court, is called the "Ghost Pepper" Crazylight 2016.

The shoe has a hot red colorway, teal hits on the outsole, and harden's "13" badge on the tongue.

According to adidas, this will be the last Harden version of the shoe, presumably meaning that he'll switch to his coming signature soon.

This sneaker is labeled by the brand as a "player edition" and not a "player exclusive," meaning that it will hit retail. Watch for the Crazylight 2016 "Ghost Pepper" to release on Sep. 22 for $130.

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i dig it

13. Fantasma Negro

Are you kidding me, you don't think these shoes are hot? It's the most beautiful shoe I've ever seen, tied with the Red Octobers. If you don't think those are nice you need to check your taste buds dude. Do you wear loafers around the house?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm no shoe guy at all. Not even close. I'm just in this thread to see what Hardens look like.

From a layperson's perspective who doesn't care... The shoes you quoted are ugly as crap. Look like moon boots or something.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAOOO most beautiful shoe ever? you must like everything kanye wears? the fact that you think the two most over hyped shoes of all time are the best, tell me a lot about where your taste buds have been. A bit sensitive over these are we? typical.

I will say the Air Yeezy 2 is Kanye's best sneaker to date. But I'll take the Solar Red or Platinum colorway than the all red any day.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Some shoes are fire and some shoes need to be set on fire. Those grey things need to be set on fire, in a bag, filled with dog poo.

I find it so funny that people get mad at other people for not agreeing on their taste of "fashion", but hey sheeple gonna sheep.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I like these a lot. Very nice.

18. Fantasma Negro

I actually do like everything Kanye does, I think he's a visionary. I'm not buthurt about your opinion of shoes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. it just so happens in this instance you're wrong lol.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

If only they came in my size, I'd wear these bad boy to work, church, weddings, funerals...Lie to yourself and say the're not hot

19. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

that yeezy crap looks like it takes $5 to make...you def. would have been laughed at for wearing that garbage in any other decade past.

People are sheep.