1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Serious] Dealing with Symptoms of Withdrawal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Aug 25, 2016.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Over the past year or so, I've developed an addiction to help me cope with some issues that I hadn't face before. About a month ago, the addiction came to a pretty bad point and I decided to quit cold turkey. The desire to go back to it was almost overwhelming the first couple weeks, but by the third week, it had started to dull out.

Problem is the last 10 days or so, I've almost been in a mild depression. Absolutely nothing interests me, and I feel like I'm a walking coma. I have no desire for the addiction at all, but neither do I seem to have any desire for anything else.

For those of you who have personally experienced this before. How did you deal with it? How long before I feel like a normal person again?

3 people like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

There's an entire thread devoted to the no fap challenge.

3. hotballa

lol thanks for the laugh, though I guess that too much fapping could be technically counted as addiction

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If it's been more than a couple of weeks, you should be clear of physical dependence and any physical withdrawal symptoms from just about any chemical addiction. At this point you are most likely left with the mental aspect.

You should be speaking to a doctor or psychologist.

2 people like this.
  5. hotballa

That is the definitely the next step i am planning on doing. Unfortunately I have really bad healthcare (bronze level), and finding it impossible to navigate the system sometimes

6. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Cocaine? Strippers? Fap Fap?

Need more details

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If you really do run a business, it seems like that would create some interesting tasks, plans or hypothetical projects that could take your mind off things. Pricing vendors, new product lines, advertising campaigns, maybe expansions opportunities in or out of the city.

8. hotballa

Ive basically been sleepwalking at the store the last couple weeks. zero motivation in doing anything. I go in, open up, close at night and go home. Everything else in between that is basically wiped clean from my mind the minute I hop into the car.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

exercise and caffeine

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Speak with a Dr. There's people who literally do nothing all day but help people that are in situations like the one you've described.

11. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The immaturity of Clutchfans posters on something serious like this, by taking into account the OP's reputation on the board, is pretty terrible. Need to learn to differentiate between serious not serious.

Hope you make a recovery man. I have had some friends fall down that hole and never recover. Life is too short.....

1 person likes this.
  12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Got you in prayers man.

Implement productive habits.

As tedious as it sounds, wake up in the morning, work out, take a cold shower, and meditate. Take it slow bro.

Occupy your mind and take up different interests/hobbies. You will get through this! I have faith!

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I can definitely relate. In my wilder and younger days, I got into drugs pretty heavily, specifically one particular indulgence. My then girlfriend, now wife, convinced me to to stop. I wouldn't say I went cold turkey (some of my other "vices" helped wean me off of the big one), but after about a month depression totally set in and in exactly the way you describe... like being awake but in a coma.

Yes, you should talk to a doctor or therapist, but do understand that the feeling you have is not going to last forever. Drugs are awesome and they make you feel great, so of course when that "thrill" is gone, that guaranteed escape from the personal issues you have deal with is gone and you've convinced yourself that you can't turn back, there's naturally going to be some depression...

Hang in there. Understand what you're worth. Remind yourself that you're just walking through a long, dark tunnel that will eventually open up into the bright, happy world. You'll hear those birds chirping again soon enough. You got this...

But yeah, don't take my word for it. See a professional.

1 person likes this.
  14. hotballa

How did you move past the depression? A therapist isnt a viable option for me right now due to my crappy insurance. Was there anything you did by yourself that improved the situation? I recently started playing sports again. It helps for that couple hours, but even then I almost feel like I'm someone else in my own skin.

Like I dont have a real actual raw emotion. I dont know how to describe it. Right now, you could tell me that the world's about to end in 5 minutes and I'd probably take a mental pause to decide how to react to it. And even then, I'd still wonder if I should feel another way about it. I don't know what the eff is wrong with me.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Is it self confidence?

Get in the gym, eat healthier. Start a brand new hobby you have always wanted to try.

Honestly even going out with a few guys n having beers / strip club might lighten up your mood. (If you're in the Houston area, we can make that happen this weekend... CF bangbros)

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ya you will be in a funk, withdrawal depends from person to person and more importantly, drug to drug. Like a person on antidepressants has a different road i believe. If you see a doc they will most likely prescribe you antidepressants, but be careful with those....try therapy if you can.

17. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

There's a hole in your life that used to be filled by your addiction. Find something positive to replace it, or it will be filled with another destructive habit. Focus on exercise and self-improvement and your depression will lift as you find activities and people that fill that hole in a healthy way.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Make sure your diet is good. Consider vitamin supplements, especially with amino acids.

This is from a quick google search:

Synaptogenesis: 9 Ways To Form New Synapses In The Brain

You've never indicated what you are recovering from but every drug affects certain biochemicals (dopamine, etc.). Do your due diligence and read up on the effects and after-effects of yours. Replenish.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I still can't see fap fap as an addiction. It's something natural and doesn't have any negative effects on me.

20. Cranberry_Juice

What the hell is this? I came here to fap...not to feel:mad: