1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to reminisce about Dream

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LAM, Aug 21, 2016.

1. LAM

LAM Member

It's been too long, but anyone else remember when the Ch20 telecast just felt they had to pick other Rox players as players of the game besides Hakeem because really, he was the game MVP every time. I'm sure he didn't mind missing out on the $50 gift certificates to some restaurant.
    I just hope they explained the deal with him so he wouldn't feel disrespected. Maybe that's why he was an angry guy before, losing player of the game honors to Matt Bullard and Buck Johnson.

2 people like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

LAM needs a greenie after all these years.

tinman and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

The good old days

4. LAM

LAM Member

What's a greenie and where can I get one, or a bunch?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I just gave you one. We can't have an old-timer reminiscing about Dream walking around board with Nick Johnson reputation.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I wish he didn't leave us for Toronto. :(

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Man, remember the time Akeem slapped that 7-eleven clerk around a little bit. Those were the days. The guy probably had it coming.

Nowadays the star players just have their posse take care of business. The times have changed my friends.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Is Terrence Jones reputation any better ;)

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can't enjoy those years since there were no stats. I need some damn stats to feel smart and important.

1 person likes this.
  10. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Remember when he b-slapped Billy Paultz. Needed to do that to John Stockton and Karl Malone as well.

11. conquistador#11

what was the restaurant sponsor back then? I remember taco cabana. he missed out on all those queso and chips.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Akeem and his baby mama, Lita Spencer, went in to the store. Lita was standing in line while Akeem was getting some stuff. Akeem didn't feel like standing in line,so he bypassed it by throwing a twenty on the counter and walking out. Once he was outside, the clerk called said "what an *******". Lita was still in line and heard it. She told Akeem and he came back in and slapped the clerk.

He also smacked a camera man in the apartments where Spencer was living. (OST and Almeda) I knew the mechanic who worked at the Exxon beside the apartments and he always said Akeem was a rude guy.

1 person likes this.
  13. Granville

Granville Member

He b**** slapped his own little brother in the parking lot of the Summit too.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thank Les for that... Was low balling Hakeem (I mean obviously he was at end of his career, but Les should have just done the Kobe route, for ultimately a lot less money). Hakeem brought Houston two chips and made a lot of money for Les... Then in contract negotiations offered 10 mil, final hour 13, and wasn't even in the ballpark to the 18 Toronto paid over 3 years, Toronto even gave up picks.

I don't think Hakeem staying an extra year (since he retired early from 3 year contract) would have made much difference, it also would have looked better since he was essentially a hometown hero from his UH days (since coming to the states)..

Obviously I know you're aware of this and everyone else here, but just helping new guys :) with another example of Le$ making great PR for the Rockets (which he then added to it with Barkley fiasco).

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People who dislike this thread should be clubbed like baby seals

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm surprised most of you are spelling reminisce correctly. That's impressive in and of itself.

1 person likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BONgL61snlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

One of them was definitely Whataburger for the Whatablocks

[​IMG]

#19 Houstunna, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WJNGvaeS9n0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>