1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That might have been the spark but that was not why it was founded.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to you.....

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to anyone not living in a neocon bubble

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was founded due to the lie that Trayvon Martin was murdered, sure there are other narratives that they want to push, but the main one has ALWAYS been that "racists" are "murdering" black people.....despite the almost total lack of evidence to substantiate that claim. Look at the cases they have championed, that's ALWAYS the narrative they are trying to push.

Stop trying to legitimize r****ded people.

5. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

its not a bigger problem than ISIS, because black people arent out strapping themselves up with bombs and going into buildings yelling allah akbar. black on black violence is the same as white on white violence

muslism extremists kill innocents

we need trump

1 person likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To do what?

7. dmoneybangbang

Who was killed because he was mistaken for someone.... I wonder what that other person does that folks would want to kill that other person?

So you are saying blacks use drugs more than their counterparts and are punished equitably?

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Quit justifying their murders. Yikes. A 9-year old was the target of a revenge killing the past November. He was fatally shot by a 27-year old. The **** did this kid have to do with "the war on drugs"?

[rQUOTEr]
    Tyshawn on swing when gangbangers out for revenge targeted him: prosecutors

On the way to his grandmother's South Side home, 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee stopped at a nearby park to play on a swing set, setting his beloved basketball down nearby.

But Cook County prosecutors say three members of a Black P Stones faction had targeted the 83-pound boy to avenge a shooting by rivals three weeks earlier in which a mother was wounded and her 25-year-old son killed.

As two of the gang members drove off in a black SUV, the one who remained in Dawes Park picked up Tyshawn's basketball and dribbled it a few times before handing it back to him. He then lured the boy into a nearby alley about the same time the SUV re-emerged. As the two looked on from the SUV, the one gang member shot Tyshawn five times, killing him, according to prosecutors and police. The fourth-grader's basketball was found a few feet away.

...[/rQUOTEr]

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm saying they get caught more....an indication that they probably shouldn't break that law as often because they aren't good at getting away with it. When it comes to punishment, that's largely dependent on SES. Those that can afford to pay for leniency usually get it, those who can't usually don't.

Either way, no one is being "targeted" by a law that applies to everyone. Of course, I'd get rid of them If I could simply because I don't agree with them, but that's no excuse for breaking the law.

For example, there is a place not far from where I live with a 2 lane divided highway that has a 30 mph speed limit. I personally think that's ridiculous, but if I choose to ignore the law, I'm probably getting pulled over. I would change the speed limit if I could, but until that can happen, I have to either abide by the current speed limit, or possibly face the consequences for ignoring the law.

If you willingly break the law, accept the consequences, it's no one else's fault but your own.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you find the proof of that yet? The article I linked stated that blacks get harsher sentences even accounting for SES.

Do you have information contrary to that?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that your mind is stuck in the 60's (and sometimes the 1860's) when it comes to race relations in America and there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully one day you'll join us in the 21st century.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So nothing then?

You can't back up your position and instead all you have to offer is your naïveté and some kind of insult.

You say these things and provide nothing to back up your position except "Racism is dead." and expect people to believe you because.....

13. dmoneybangbang

I am sorry if trends like this have a cause to it.... Perhaps you should stick to soap operas instead of real life if you can't handle it?

14. dmoneybangbang

And why do they get caught more.... ?

Except, statistically if you are white you will be "caught" less and punished less severely.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's lots of reasons including that they are statistically more likely to be living in high crime areas where there is more of a police presence. Either way, it's irrelevant, you choose to either go by the law or you choose to risk the punishment if you get caught.

Okay....so shouldn't that influence those who are more likely to get caught and more likely to be punished more severely to break that law less often?

If doing something is more risky due to where you live and your financial ability to fight court cases....maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

Of course we can't blame those who decide to break the law, we have to blame it on everyone else for catching them breaking the law or blame those who didn't get caught. It's a REALLY stupid argument.

16. dmoneybangbang

And racism isn't one of those reasons?

Stop being dumb. Prohibition in the early 20th century affected the lower class moreso despite everyone drinking. Are you really that dumb on socioeconomic issues? Like seriously? What's your malfunction champ?

17. dmoneybangbang

Who here actually thinks the war on drugs has had a positive impact?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In your mind, I'm sure it is.

Of course.....there's always harsher consequences for the lower classes when they break the law, I mean, that's exactly what I've been saying....you're the one who thinks it's due to racism.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

A 9-year old was gunned down as "revenge". Please, elaborate on how this 9-year old transgressed upon the 27-year old gunman. This should be good.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The nine year old kicked his ass in Pokemon Go