1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Dallas Cowboys 2016 - 2017

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Surfguy, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

RIP

Well...apparently everyone is picking us to finish dead last in our division. 7 - 9 are the predictions I think. 9 - 7 is the kindest prediction I've seen.

The division title is apparently between the Redskins and the Giants.

I'll still watch but I could honestly care less at this point. Every season is just another letdown...whether it is not making the playoffs at all or quickly fizzling out of the playoffs if we make it. Hope left the building a while ago. This season was kind of already defined by the druggies failing their tests and being suspended. That's a good way to kill a team out of the gate is to lose 3 key players on defense.

Everyone is already sold on Dak after one preseason game. No more backup QB problems apparently. The defense is a mess as usual.

Just another season in JerryWorld. Let's get the circus started and get it over with!

I'm actually more interested at this point in what the Texans are going to do this season with Brock. Dallas is going to have to show me something early on to regain my full attention.

#1 Surfguy, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. conquistador#11

is this a reverse jinx thread? You should never give up on your team like that, not even if schaubie has as many post season wins as romo since 2007.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

**** Dallas and **** the Cowgirls

4. Surfguy

I thought a reverse jinx thread was our only hope this season. It's a change from the usual delusional Cowboys fans who pick them to go to the Super Bowl every year. At this point, I do have to admit that...after several years of watching this team's BS with them clearly not approaching anything resembling consistency at an elite level...a part of me wants this team to fail. I even like watching this team fail as much as I like watching them win. When it's all said and done, if they are anywhere near 8-8 at the end of the season....then that is a worse case scenario in my book and I'm highly disappointed. Success or failure....no in-between. And, I like both options.

5. 713

713 Member

Dank Prescott is legit.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm thinking a 11-5 season this year.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. Buck Turgidson

13 hours and 25 minutes later...

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I had been meaning to start this thread... Thanks Surfguy! Huge Cowboy fan... Thoughts below...

1. The suspensions of Lawrence/Gregory/McClain really takes a good bit of punch out of our lineup. We will have to hope the defense can hold the fort and some young players can emerge. Jaylon Smith playing this season is a longshot. Byron Jones and Damien Wilson are two young players who will shine on defense in my opinion.

2. The suspensions suck and our luck last year sucked. That being said, Prescott is probably worth at least developing over 2-3 years. I am deliriously high on him after the last two games. In tempering those expectations, I just say he is worth developing. But that also takes QB of the future of our list for the time being. Amazing start by the rookie. That wasn't 30 easy NFL throws (b/w the two games) There were a ton of NFL caliber throws that were right on point or a demonstration of a lot of skill. The touch and accuracy has been there. I watch a lot of SEC football being a Bama fan. I told my buddy two years ago that I thought Dak would make a good pro. Not like I am any sort of QB expert but he just has a noticeable swagger. He gets it.

3. Prescott/Elliott/Bryant/Offensive line is a great core for the next few years. Time to focus on defense.

4. I cannot believe Prescott was the 5th or whatever QB drafted.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They should win the division.

They've been doing a good job ever since they stopped listening to jerry

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Will have to score a lot of points to win but easy schedule this year

Protect Romo at all costs; ironically, no one should want to see Dak play meaningful snaps unless it's a blowout

Wonder how the defense will look; so many suspensions, injuries, or poor drafting

Can Dez still be Dez? Contract year for T-will; does he keep his job or Bulter overtakes him?

12. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWhbIEqZlh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Surfguy

Well...Jerry is no longer looking for a backup QB given Dak's play after two preseason games (well...played two halves so one full game played). This has potential catastrophe written all over it.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Typical cowboys fan.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Took Ezikiel and Lamar Miller first two picks in fantasy this year.

Really hoping Elliot pays off for me this year.

Something about the Cowboys line and the way they used Demarco Murray made me get all giddy inside when I had the 9th pick and he was on the board.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Suck it Buck

[​IMG]

17. Surfguy

How is that typical? A typical Cowboys fan buys into the bs hype every season and claims were going to the SB every season.

After 20 years of watching mostly failures by this team, I"m a realist. I no longer feel the need to get emotionally invested to the point of being angry all the time. I used to wear that emotion on my sleeve but now I just take whatever comes. Hence, I don't mind if we win or lose. We're not one of the teams that play at an elite level every season nor do we go to conference championship games or the big game. Jerry and company talk a good game, though. I've accepted the Cowboys for the mediocrity they have been for a long time now. I don't look at the team on paper and, because it looks good, expect them to win. If anything, then the Cowboys have allowed me to evolve my fandom into one of zero expectations. Blame Jerry.

Most Cowboys fans still think we're always great no matter what and are going to win a Super Bowl every year. They continue to brag about championships won last century to counter "your team sucks" arguments from outsiders. They have unreasonably high expectations for a team that has shown mostly jack the last two decades. They talk smack when we're not even really ever in the picture of being relevant outside of the regular season.

If anything, then I'm atypical.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breer says <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cowboys?src=hash">#Cowboys</a> had &quot;some concern&quot; when Zeke Elliott reported at 231 lbs before pulling his hamstring: <a href="https://t.co/v1laax97K8">https://t.co/v1laax97K8</a></p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/768899396247269376">August 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ezekiel Elliott's pot store visit raised eyebrows, but there's another reason the Cowboys are concerned about the RB<a href="https://t.co/pVBc3LV1kS">https://t.co/pVBc3LV1kS</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/769254167298711552">August 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So what's the word on Romo's back? Are you guys concerned?