1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The law isn't "targeting" anyone, just more people are breaking it and getting caught. I know, it's a conspiracy by "the man" to hold you down.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

All the saber rattling from the left here sticking up for BLM completely ignoring it was founded on lies and that it has expanded to burning down neighborhoods for black cops shooting black armed criminals as well as assaulting innocent white people.

Maybe if I type it bigger it will sink in:

BLM was founded on lies!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol you can say this for any case you disagree with. "It ignored this evidence or that!"

Source or proof?

None of this is fact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ackwhite-mar1juana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

Here are a few facts though. Again, you are missing the point that whites smoke weed just as much as blacks do but do not get punished for doing so. I know this makes you defensive or whatever but it's the true.

If you are a stalwart for the law like you claim then you'd be for stricter policies to punish all breakers of the law no matter their race. So don't give me the "Well, maybe whites just do it more secretly." oh please, any cop wanting to make arrests on drug charges could hit up any college campus and be plenty busy.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, I guess you could, but it wouldn't always be accurate. In this case, it is.

Look at the DOJ investigations after BLM protesters embarrass themselves.

Yeah, it really is.

None of that changes that people made choices to knowingly break the law and as such the punishments are just. If some can afford better lawyers in order to get more lenient sentences, that's just life, but it's not racism. I know, blows your mind, rich people get easier sentences and sometimes get away with things. Hell OJ got away with murder, does that mean that murder laws unfairly target white people? No. Don't be stupid.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh the old "Because I say so." Method. Nice.

Yeah...see that doesn't prove your conspiracy theory.

I have a theory, the only reason conservatives whine about BLM so much is the same reason they did it when the Civil Rights movement took hold. Because they'd like for minorities to stay in their place, hell my proof is just look at whose the nominee is for the party, look at who supports him, look at who attends his rally.

Really? BLM is losing legitimacy is a fact? According to whom? Please start providing information Bobby other than just throwing things out there.

A mouse? Really? A baltimore cop came out before the DOJ reports a while ago and said as clear as day that they would go into black neighborhoods to get their arrests. That's a mouse to you? I can provide the video if you want.

None of that changes the fact that some people are being punished for breaking the law and some are not. All you are worried about is plugging your ears and going "No no no! Racism is dead!" over and over again. As usual, your more worried about the term "racism" being used than actual racist.

This is the very content nature of some 'white-allies' that MLK said was more dangerous than Klan members, because for them it's more important that things stay the same than for things to change.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's the old "That's what the facts say" method.

It's not a conspiracy, and there's no wrongdoing, it's just what happened. Sure it's frowned on to use your DOJ in that manner, but nothing illegal about it.

Nah, it's more about the complete and total lack of legitimacy of the BLM "movement". Honestly those that had anything to do with legitimate movements in the past should be more upset than anyone. It's making a mockery of them.

Of course, to people who can't see past race, of course they blindly support BLM due to the "B" in it.

It never had much to begin with, it was founded by racist radicals and based on a lie. Maybe it had credibility within the racist radical community, but not really anywhere else.

Sounds about right. The BLM r****ds are talking about cops murdering innocent black men in the streets and the best you can come up with is some dickish comments about heading to high crime areas to get arrests. That analogy sounds about perfect.

It's not racism though. I know you'd love it to be, but that simply isn't the case, when it comes to beating a court case SES matters and race doesn't. If you have money, you are likely to get more lenient sentences for breaking the law....doesn't make those without money who get harsher penalties for breaking the law innocent and it doesn't mean the law targets a race.

It seems you are very much stuck in the past. Work on it.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Partially correct.

The group, which started off as a hashtag, was created by three black women in order to call attention to dramatic statistical difference in the number of negative encounters black people have with LEOs as opposed to other segments of the population.

There are plenty of grass-root movements that have spend decades tirelessly trying to deal with gang-violence. A simple Google search would produce a list of quite a few of these groups. I found of list of 15+ in Chicago alone.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are begging to talk about the Trayvon Martin case, bump the thread.

You've still provided no proof as to that actually happening so this comment is ignored.

Nope, the Republican party has been playing to it's racist base for a long time now so it's no surprise that BLM is mostly opposed by conservatives...I mean it's interesting that this is a conservative issue.

You said it was losing legitimacy, meanwhile Glenn Beck hops on the train along with Rick Perry and there were already a few noted conservatives

Actually that is ONE of the things they talk about, not the only thing. The other thing is that well...exactly what I mentioned.

It's amazing that you don't relate the causation here and see how that affects a community. Well not amazing but actually just expected.

I'm actually stuck in the present and wondering why you don't care that some people are being punished for crime and some aren't.

The funny thing is that the fact shows that being black also means you get a harsher sentence for the same crime.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002

I'll be waiting for your "Okay, but I will ignore that and create my own reality." response.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We can just end this here. It's not going anywhere. So long as the towns being burned by the racist radicals that you so love are in other parts of the country I guess we can ignore it. I still think it's disrespectful and embarrassing to have people trying to conjure up the civil rights movement and other legitimate causes of the past while looting and burning towns without any real cause but you support that kind of thing. What can i say?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL

Guess you can't answer that one.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did....SES is what matters, factor that in and there's no difference.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Proof? You have study that accounts for Race and SES?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What lies? How much experience do you have living in black neighborhoods? Just curious where you get your information, besides God of course.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We've been over this before kiddo, it was founded on the lie that Trayvon Martin was murdered, it gained national prominence on the "hands up don't shoot" lie.

Try to remember that the next time this comes up.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It'd be nice if they got more funding or the government helps out as well. If people didn't vote against every measure that tries to help Chicago.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but those people almost always deserve to be killed when cops do it, they almost never deserve to be killed when ISIS does it. I know it's subtle, but there's a difference.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Jesus. Yet the media claim that things are not becoming more violent.

[rQUOTEr]Nearly 100 people shot in Chicago in less than a week

Nearly 100 people have been shot in Chicago in less than a week, pushing the number of shooting victims so far this year to more than 2,500 — about 800 more than this time last year, according to data kept by the Tribune.

Between last Friday afternoon and early Thursday, at least 99 people were shot in the city, 24 of them fatally. At least nine people were killed on Monday alone, the deadliest day in Chicago in 13 years, according to Tribune data. Among the wounded that day was a 10-year-old boy shot in the back as he played on his front porch in Lawndale.

[/rQUOTEr]

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the media - the FBI is saying that.

Are you saying cops are not biased against blacks? Put aside Trayvon, what about all the other incidents and reports (even by former cops) of horrible racism?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I am saying that BLM was founded on the lie that Trayvon Martin was murdered and it gained national prominence over the "hands up, don't shoot" lie.