1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The performances of Zhou Qi in Rio Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Aug 15, 2016.

1. thevirus

thevirus Member

So now Chinese Basketball Team has finished their trip in Rio,with a pretty depressing result,which is we lost all our five games.During these games,Zhou Qi has a really bad performance so that all my Chinese friends are criticizing him hardly.
    In these five games,here are his numbers:
    VS USA: 3points,1 Rebound,0assist,1block,1steal
    VS France: 5points,0Rebound,0assist,1block,1steal
    VS Venezuela:6points,2Rebound,3assist,1block,2steal
    VS Australia:11points,2Rebound,0assist,2block,2steal
    VS Serbia:3points,1Rebound,1assist,0block,1steal
    In total,Zhou Qi averages 19 minutes per game and can score 5.6 points,1.2rebound in Rio Olympics
    So what do you guys think of him considering his numbers and performances in the Olympics?

here are two very controversial scenes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

on draft night this pick seemed like nothing more than a marketing ploy to stay relevant in china. After watching him play I can say that AT BEST he's a few years away from nba competition, and at worst, he's a marketing ploy to stay relevant in china. either way i doubt be ever plays for the rockets.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know what to think. They dont even pass him the ball... he's in a nike commercial with Lebron and Serena Williams for goodness sake.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think what I have always thought.

Les is an absolute d*ckhead for drafting him just to line his pockets.

This kid will never suit up for meaningful minutes in a Rockets uniform.

There's been not one instance where I've thought 'yeah, this guy's going to make it 5 years down the track'.

1 person likes this.
  5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Very gifted but very raw is my impression.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Once he puts on 30 pounds, and the chinese have a PG that can actually pass him the ball, then we can start to judge.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He also had 12pts in the last exhibition game against USA. I've seen enough of him that I think his skill set is wort the 2nd round gamble. But its not like Team China plays with any structure so its hard to tell. Although, If Chinese fans are criticizing him for his play, that says something. They probably seen him the most and are his biggest supporters.

8. ballhandling

ballhandling Member

One thing I can't stand is that he just gives way and allows his opponent an easy lay-up when he protects the rim. It seems like not putting efforts on defense. I'm disappointed in him.

9. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Don't forget that Zhou Qi put up 13 points against the US in their first meeting with China:

http://www.rappler.com/sports/specials/olympics/142246-zhou-qi-yao-nba-footsteps

Haters gonna hate but Zhou Qi has NBA potential.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's 4 years away from being 4 years away.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OgmILBHk1D8?start=211&end=214" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. hvic

hvic Member

d league bound

12. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Yes he is. But he'll play for us this season. Watch.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Maybe the Rockets should have looked at Boomer David Anderson (10ppg, 5rpg)... oh wait...

Watched a few games... sad to think the Aussie team has a better PG than the Rockets (and he is second string on the Spurs). Heck the Aussie may also have a better C than the Rockets...

14. CertifiedTroll

I mean we did not draft a 6'8" (on a good day) out of shape, unskilled, unmotivated player with the 1st pick in the draft.

We drafted a 7'2" kid who can shoot lights out with a mid-late second round pick. I bet he will end up doing more for us than Llull by the end of his tenure. If he doesn't pan out, it doesn't really matter.

15. hvic

hvic Member

he will get minutes and hopefully it will build his game. If he is able to give us at least 15 minutes with rebounding and not a fouling machine then I will be happy.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

at least he can block shots. play him at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters and block some shots, make some threes, get one rebound

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's usually a sign when they don't even start for their own national team.

18. CertifiedTroll

Coachbadlee logic: LeBron, Harden, and Curry suck.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

When he got the ball I thought he looked good. His D was scary bad though. Way to passive but that could be in part to international ball.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Pointless to say kid won't make it in the league. We don't know that. I would personally say that he needs to come over and start playing in our system right now. Even if that's D league bench.

DD