1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's what Sixer fans want for Okafor.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Aug 5, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

trade ariza for korver and we're set for the all time all offense-no defense starting lineup

harden
    gordon
    korver
    ryan
    okafor

coach, we dont have any defenders. whats the gameplan?
    shoot the fkn sht out of the ball

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is it not a huge red flag that the people who have watched him most would trade him for Bev, KJ and 1st?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I'd rather have Capella defend and get boards. Him, Gordan, and Beasley coming off the bench would be insane especially if harden ran point

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

How many chances Okafor can eventually develop some outside game and become a similar player to Horford? In that case he would work with Capela at the 5...i think...

6. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

That's it? LOL!

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Okafor next to Capela is the perfect combination of defense and scoring.

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Noel is one of the most overrated prospects in the league. Relatively old. No offensive game. Overrated defense. Stone hands, low bball IQ. About to sign a 100m+ contract.

He has little to no value. A lot of fans are blinded by high jumping blocks.

10. MONON

MONON Member

I don't think you'd have to. This is a Philly fans trade not a FO trade. Wasn't KJ a Philly fan fav when he was there?

11. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Bev, KJ, and future 1st? Man I will do this trade in a heartbeat. Okafor has All Star Potential and to me he is already a top 10 big guy.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would probably be more like Dmo sign and trade plus Bev, KJ and a future 1st.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think a black hole defensively at center can win a ring. Not without an insanely versatile defensive PF (prime KG, AD, Bosh), which we certainly don't have.

I'd rather have Noel over Okafor for that reason, but if Noel isn't coming cheap enough, I'd rather just role with Capela.

I don't think Noel does anything that much better then Capela that justifies trading assets for him when he's going to be expiring next offseason. I personally wouldn't trade Capela for him straight up, we would need an asset in return.

I'm cool with trading for Noel or Okafor as backups, but they have more value than that. If we get one of them I'd really hope it's just to flip for a bigger piece (Cousins, Milsap, Bledsoe).

14. rockets13champs

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Lunacy. Utter lunacy.

This dude had a better rookie year than Yao. What would Rockets fans have said in 2003 after Yao's rookie year if people were trying to trade for him AT ALL, let alone for the 2003 equivalent of Aaron McKie, filler and a draft pick?

16. Garner

Garner Member

They've come to their senses:

I don't see anything there. Beverly is brittle and already 28. Their first round pick in 17' my fall outside the top 15. No thanks. If the 76ers want to shop Okafor several other teams will beat any offer the Rockets can make.

17. Raz

Raz Member

Okafor is fool's gold. He can't protect the rim or defend the Pick and Roll propely and that's what a Center has to be capable of in 2016. People keep mocking Harden's defense but compared to that Okafor's numbers are really, really awful. We're talking about Bargnani-level. And they're not better in offense, actually Philly's Offensive Rating goes way down once he enters the court.

There's a reason why he's involved in so many trade rumors one year after getting drafted. The Sixers know he's a bust and their fans are delusional to think they could get something of real value in return for him. If that was the case, he would've been traded in June.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

19. rockets13champs

Okafor isnt good guys he is Al Jefferson

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't care if he's AL Jetson. He's better than any big on our team now.