1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dragician

dragician Member

Congratulations to senator Manny Pacquiao.

[​IMG]

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could see Canelo cutting off the ring/closing the distance....It was always just a matter of time.

Canelo will deal with GGG.

Floyd will destroy Pacman again.

And then Floyd and Canelo will go again.

All about the $$$$$$$.

3. cebu

cebu Member

If GGG doesn't respect Canelo's power, he'll go down. Else, it's going to be like a Heavyweight fight.

4. dragician

dragician Member

Destroy?

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Canelo officially ducks Golovkin, vacates belt...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/WBCBoxing">@WBCBoxing</a> is hereby confirming <a href="https://twitter.com/GGGBoxing">@GGGBoxing</a> as WBC MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD . <a href="https://t.co/m7irGDaUXs">pic.twitter.com/m7irGDaUXs</a></p>&mdash; Mauricio Sulaiman (@wbcmoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/wbcmoro/status/733074919030816770">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, Canelo is a cruiserweight at 180-190 on fight night. Then, why all the fuss over a cw at 155?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wQhkx3NXlbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kg1uxiaHP94?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

quack quack quack LMAOOOO

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

what happened to all that tough talk after the fight? "like we say in mexico,we don't **** around" LOL as if that saying is exclusive to Mexicans. well he didn't **** around and promptly gave GGG the title. according to GGG's promoter, talks have stalled since then.

i don't think its canelo that is scared, but his promoters. he has not ducked anyone at the point. then again, his promoters didn't want him to take a fight vs Lara and Canelo put his foot down and got the fight. he should do the same here. i get it from a business point they want to milk the fight for more money blah blah blah. but for fans, does us no good to keep waiting.

8. Beavis Stiffler

Watch out boxing world. Charlo-Mania is taking over.

[​IMG]

9. Beavis Stiffler

Big fights tonight on CBS and Showtime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Beavis Stiffler

Thurman-Porter is a epic classic. Definitely a fight of the year.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Oh man, what a fight! While watching it, I said to my bro, man this is a trilogy in the making. Pretty sure we'll have to pay to see the next one. I think Thurman won, but I didn't think it was unanimous. I expected a SD.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

ducknelo dropped his belt and ran, eubank jr huffed and puffed but lost his pen,... then out of nowhere kell brook signs to fight golovkin, wow.

13. Beavis Stiffler

14. EssTooKayTD

I was out of the country for this last fight, but sounds like Crawford did his thing again. I saw some headlines about how Pac should avoid him. That's a fight I'd like to see.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i watched the replay over the weekend. Typical Terrance Crawford fight. Postol had won 2 out of the first three rounds and then Crawford figures him out. Crawford then dominates the rest of the fight. Crawford knocked him down I believe 3 total times. The 2nd knockdown is the one that sticks out in my mind where Postol could have been knocked out if Terrance was able to follow up before Postol's momentum had took him away from Crawford. Crawford looks dangerous if he he were to face Manny, I just dont think Manny has it anymore. As far as who is next for Crawford I'm not privvy enough to know weight classes or anything like that, but what about Mathisse, or Provodkinov or even Danny Garcia?

16. EssTooKayTD

Yeah I read the same thing regarding the Crawford fight. As far as opponents, Matthysse just lost to Postol (KO) and Provodnikov recently lost to Matthysse. Garcia is an interesting one. He keeps winning, but hasn't looked that impressive from my recollection. A Mayweather fight seems silly to talk about. I get the feeling Crawford needs more experience. By the time he would have the exp, that fight no longer makes sense. There's always Thurman, Porter, etc.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

it would be nice to see the style of Crawford against the power of Thurman.

Saw the Andre Ward replay last night. Max made an interesting comment about how Andre Ward needs a boxer like Kovalev to bring the best out of him. I just don't see Ward being able to handle the power.

18. SunsRocketsfan

boxing is lame..
    Pacquiao is now ducking Crawford and Canelo has been ducking GGG forever.. what a sham

19. EssTooKayTD

Ward strikes me as a guy who will come in absolutely prepared, but his long layoff and the lack of real competition after the layoff is concerning. Then again, not like Kovalev has been taking on big names outside of a 50 year old Hopkins. I guess he beat Pascal twice recently.

20. EssTooKayTD