1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...eturns-take-new-significance?cid=sm_fb_maddow

And while Trump ignores the calls, the theories explaining his secrecy are becoming more ominous.

Fox News contributor George Will says GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump will not release his tax returns because they may show “he is deeply involved in dealing with Russia oligarchs.” […]

“Perhaps one more reason why we’re not seeing his tax returns – because he is deeply involved in dealing with Russian oligarchs and others. Whether that’s good, bad or indifferent, it’s probably the reasonable surmise.”

Now, in fairness to Trump, George Will offered no proof that Trump is trying to hide his financial connections to Russian oligarchs. That said, Trump’s business dealings in Russia certainly exist and have been the subject of scrutiny.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's funny how tax returns took down several Obama cabinet nominees and has been a major Presidential issue until this one.

Then again, I don't think in recent memory that we've had a presidential candidate from a major party under Federal investigations while running for office.

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

"no proof". This is some random guy's theory.

So what was your point in posting this?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would a tax return even show such relationships?

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Didn't Romney show his tax returns in September?

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Random guy is conservative commentator George Will.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why not? Hes not the brightest bulb, a d he continually surrounds himself with incompetent sycophants.

Further its not really illegal to take money from Russia, though it is to hide it.

Maybe they declared the income without bothering to camouflage it through shell companies or whatever . Not implausible at all really

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He's a commentator and has no knowledge regarding this. It's something made up. Therefore he's a random guy.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. The "random guy" has been an important conservative voice for decades. I think he might be on to something. What's Trump trying to hide, anyway? It is absolute bull**** that there's anything "preventing" him from releasing his tax returns. Anyone who believes his crap story is deluded and intent on ignoring anything that makes their "hero" look bad, or worse.

Why is Donald Trump hiding his income tax returns?

What does he have to hide?

And why don't his supporters care?

Why don't his supporters care?

10. SamFisher

Longtime Republican insider with deep ties - obviously is a pretty big scoop.

Who the hell are you anyway?

Go back to Nizhny Novgorod, Trump Chump.

Nobody wants you here.

11. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Pretty big scoop? Usually a big scoop has some factual evidence.

And who am I? I guess because I don't obsessively post on this forum like yourself my opinion is irrelevant. Ok lol.

1 person likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. SamFisher

No your opinion is a zika infested brillo pad due to the general quality, not quantity, of the arguments you marshal, and the style with which you do it, friend.

In other words, Ivan, u suksky at thisky

14. TheresTheDagger

I care, but until solid proof comes out, its all just political BS...especially given the article is written by MSNBC and references George Will...both political enemies of Trump.

15. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Differing opinions =/= poor quality argument. You're trying to say that this article which doesn't have a shred of evidence is a big scoop. You suck at this fam.

I'm not even a big Trump fan, just opposed to the criminality of Clinton. Guess a sheep like yourself can't see through the corruption.

16. SamFisher

Ironically enough, i was reading an article in Nature this AM that said claiming that others on the Internet are "sheep" while you are among the true Dukes of Truth is 10000% correlated with being a dip**** neckbeard.

Res ipsa, my friend...perhaps you can help build the Wall.

We don' t just have differing opinions though, that is a false equivalency. =

I proudly - PROUDLY - stand with Her.

She is the only real candidate with whom we can entrust the office of the President, for the sake of our children, and our children's children.

That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

She was my Senator, she will soon be your President.

You'lll get over it, or not.

Who really cares what you think? Not me.

Meanwhile, back to this Russia story - I am psyched to hear what Will knows.

#16 SamFisher, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

You have a problem with facts buddy. So calling you a sheep automatically makes me a dip**** neckbeard, yet you're still not responding to the fact that this article has no evidence to prove Trump has business in Russia, and it's just an unsubstantiated theory? I think you need to work on your critical thinking skills my friend.

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

... who, I believe, left the Republican Party over Trump's ascendancy.

19. SamFisher

Good god, no, friend.

It makes you correlated with dip**** neckbeards. Please read, that is what the article that I read said.

The actual proof that you are one is obvious - read any of your posts in the last few days.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Was he wrong for doing that?