1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread for Codman - 90s Sacramento team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HayesIsBack, Jul 7, 2016.

1. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

This is the thread Codman would like us to see in the Dish

---------------
    Jeremy Lin is a legitimate role player, but I don't know if he's worthy of an entire thread every year after he bounces from team to team. Just saying.

He'll get plenty of minutes next year, but Lin is Lin and Linsanity is long gone.

Give me a thread on that Sac team of CWebb, Bibby, Dougie Fresh, Vlade, Corliss, Pollard, White Chocolate, JBarry and Crash.

That was a special team that was cheated out of a championship and had a legendary PG in Bibbby in his prime.

Love talking about that team with Rick The Ruler.

The Jeremy Lin remix each year is painful.

I'll eat crow if he averages 16/7 without the complaints of "racist coaches," "not enough touches because Brook thinks he's better than Lin," or the favorite, "He doesn't get calls from the refs when he flails on the ground."

Let's get it going, if in fact this thread survives. Colt45 will likely be the leading commander.

And, to clarify, this post wasn't intended to be offensive. Just having fun with the guys who will always live and die for Jeremy Lin, regardless of the odd belief that he is a starter and that his hairstyles are a cry for relevancy :p

What he really needs is to keep his dribble, not jump in the air, accept his strengths and flaws and embrace the fans who believe he could ever come close to the legendary man known as Yao Ming.

Love ya'll....

And, Brook...we know, we know...you're ready to leave the rotting grounds.[/QUOTE]

----------

Dont need to thank me!

Discuss.

1 person likes this.
  2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Let me have first go.

That team was flawed. Cwebb was a cry baby.

Let's carry on ...

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Please add your insight Codman and let's keep this thread going for 1000 pages.

I'll give it frequent bumps and make sure once in a while it pops up ahead of the jeremy lin thread to make you feel better.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Peja was one of the best pure shooters i've ever seen. Rick Adelman revolutionized offensive NBA basketball far more than Pringles.

5. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Corliss Williamson (if I recall name correctly) was an undersized but effective PF

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

what the hell? i think this is a codman thread...wait its a thread about 90s kings? But maybe its a Lin thread since OP goes on a rant about him and eating crow if hes wrong? The initial post is majority Lin based so this is definitely a Lin thread....I think

LOL

7. arjun

arjun Member

peja was also one of the best choke artists i've ever seen.

8. mightybosstone

Calling Mike Bibby "legendary" at anything is a massive overstatement, but he was definitely a gamer who had some big moments and stepped up when it mattered—particularly in that 2002 playoff run.

But that was a very quality starting five. Webber was obviously the star, but between Bibby, Peja, Vlade and Christie, that squad was stacked with quality, underrated guys from the late 90s and early 2000s. Looking over the roster, I totally forgot Turkoglu was on that team as well in addition to Bobby Jackson. That squad will go down as one of the underrated, forgotten beastly teams of the early 2000s along with Adelman's 2000 Blazers that had Sheed, Pippen, Stoudamire, Sabonis, Steve Smith and a ton of other guys.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

a) wtf is this?

b) Bibby and Jason Williams were traded for each other..not teammates.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Arkansas legend. He was honored at a Razorback game I went to last season

11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Bump. Where are you Codman? A thread just for you and you don't join the discussions?

12. delishman

delishman Member

Like to see all Codman posts in last 72 hours.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It could be that he sees you as a poster that's less than worthy? I know I do. You post garbage. Be insightful, be argumentative or interesting, but don't post something Justin Bieber would think was a good idea. It's like you have nothing to add if you're not talking mess. So sad. I feel bad for you bro. I probably respect you more than anyone else on this board does. So sad. When posting goes wrong, it really goes wrong for you. So sad. I hope your mom still loves you. Someone needs to love you to get you out of this hole. So sad. You should have picked a better name. Sad sad sad.

You need a:

[​IMG]

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Thanks for your insight.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Let's get back to discussing the 90s Sacramento Kings and ignore the loser(s) that want to derail this thread for Codman.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The coolest part about that team is when Tyra Banks wanted to marry Chris Webber and he was like naaaah, bruh. Most jabronis would have married her, but Webber had his head on straight and I imagine is still playing the field to this day. Living the dream while y'all change diapers.

17. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Big Nasty was his name and he was the starting 3 for the team. CWebb was the 4 and Vlade was the 5. He did do time at the 4 spot though. They moved Big Nasty so that they could start Peja who would dominate in today's NBA. Those late 90's to early 00's Sac teams were fun to watch.

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You're right.

But he didnt really have a prototypical SF's game. But back in those days when SFs play both inside and out more. Nowadays most SFs cant even post up.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

CWebb continues to be one of the most underated players of all time. He had dominant #'s just like Duncan and KG while all 3 were in their prime. The refs/Lakers robbed CWebb of his title and his rightful place among the all time greats. Top 8 PF of all time.

#1 Tim Duncan
    #2 Charles Barkley
    #3 Kevin Garnet
    #4 Karl Malone
    #5 Elvin Hayes
    #6 Bob Petit
    #7 Dirk Nowitzki
    #8 Chris Webber
    #9 Kevin McHale
    #10 Pau Gasol (soon to be replaced by Anthony Davis)

If the Kings won that title with CWebb getting FMVP, i'd place him at #5 all time. If only he was healthy enough to play well into his late 30's and continued to pack on the stat totals.

Love Chris Webber. Just another case of a star rotting away on bad teams. Wish the Magic kept him with Shaq.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Codman is Brian Grant or Walt Williams. I have decided.