1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Allen Crabbe should be the target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jul 6, 2016.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

We wanted Bazemore, why not Crabbe?? Good D, great length, great shooter and slasher.

We can open up the necessary room very easily. Just renounce DMo and/or trade Brewer. Keep going up on the offer until Portland taps out.

He's a great fit for this team.

This is a smarter path than spending big money on a PG right now. Next summer Chris Paul, Westbrook, Curry, and Lowry will all be free agents. And even if we strike out on all of those top line players, there's also quality guys like Teague, George Hill, and Jrue Holiday.

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

you late bruh

3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I really don't think he's that good. And can't see him fitting in mike D'Antoni offense

4. malakas

malakas Member

If we did that we would lose DMO for nothing and still PDX could easilly match.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure, why not.

DD

#5 DaDakota, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

Why not???? A slasher that doesn't pound the air out of the ball and is a plus shooter...how is that not a fit for Dantonis system?

If Bazemore fit, then so does Crabbe.

7. mightybosstone

Not necessarily. Assuming they could clear up enough cap room to offer Crabbe something substantial (probably by dealing Brewer), they could still go over the cap to re-sign DMo with his Bird Rights. In fact, I don't think DMo's contract would push Houston anywhere near the luxury tax threshold.

That being said, I don't think there's any chance this happens. I'm guessing Gordon was their big wing signing for the offseason, and even if they could offer him something substantial, Portland is more than likely to match.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Which is why I suggested a double sign and trade. Portland was after Gasol, so obviously they aren't abandoning the post. Also, they already have Turner, McCallum and Aminu on the wings.

A double SnT gets Portland the scoring big they need, and Houston the shooting wing they need.

Also, I've read that we are already "loaded up" with wings. That's true, but only one of them can shoot....Ariza. We need another wing that can space the floor.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

No thank you

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point i would be ok with Crabbe.

Just keep in mind that the Blazers have also Harkless out there, i don't think they're going to match both...

Crabbe is certainly going to get a bigger offer so, maybe they'll let him go...but at the same time i think they may want to keep Crabbe more since he's a good shooter...i'm not sure they want to rely that much in two guys not able to shoot well like Turner and Harkless...

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nope. Too expensive.

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Harkless would seem like a good get if you could somehow dump Brewer. At the very least I would rather have Harkless playing instead of Brewer but I do think that KJ McDaniels could be at least as good as Harkless given the minutes. Both are not good 3 point shooters yet but still have time to be respectable as they are 23.

Only reason to sign Crabbe or Harkless is if we are trading Ariza for a bigger piece. Otherwise I don't see any of these guys as for sure upgrades. I do think McDaniels can be a Shawn Marion lite on this team if he can get coached up on defense and is active in a run and gun offense. Somewhat the same with Brewer. Not sure why we didn't run as much last year as the year before but attacking the rim early on a fast break is what Dan Toney should preach from day one with this team.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Can he play the 1? At what point do the Po'landers blaze out.

Besides, DMo shant be sacrificed. No! Brew? Shirley. Brew for Gay? Brew for Stuckey? Brew for glue???

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i kinda agree with you on everything here.

I like Moe but i'm not sure he's going to get better with his shooting so, not sure he's worth a double digit contract...he's more a 3/4 though, KJ is a 2/3, that's probably the only difference between them at this point...

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Crabbe is a lot less athletic then Bazemore, he's not nearly as good of a defender, not as good of a rebounder or passer either.

He is a better pure shooter, shoots a higher percentage in the paint as well but not at a high volume as Bazemore does.

I like Crabbe but because of his lack of athletecism and defense he ceiling is is probably what he did last season. 10 points, almost average defense, good shooting percentaged.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why?

He's a two guard, maybe can play some SF, but we have the SG rotation locked up and a starter at SF.

We need to upgrade point or get a back up point. Maybe another PF/C in case Nene gets hurt. SF back up should be a cheaper get than Crabbe...maybe even give Dekker a crack it first..

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Problem is the PG market right now is horrible. I think we will have to trade for one.

I wouldn't mind signing Crabbe and trading Ariza for a PG.