1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Too bad we don't have the "assets" to get Westbrook. Welcome to the OKC fire sale; it's an absolute killer to lose KD for nothing.

Rockets, take notice; this is us in two disappointing years.

2. mockster

mockster Member

Idk this level of signing is just idk unheard of. That's like if KD joined the heat with wade, lebron and bosh the next year. It would sign stupid as hell.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is so much worse than Lebron. Lebron built a super team from scratch and he was clearly the best player on those teams. Durant is joining an existing super team that just won 73 games and is probably not even the best player on that team. Coward.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

They'll have to basically tell Curry to wait until Durant is re-signed first, though. I doubt that's an issue.

5. chandlerbang21

He is 27 years old, how much longer should he wait in OKC until they get on GSW level?

6. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I think the people will see this as a championship move. My concern was Kevin Durant's legacy. If he plans to stay with the Warriors there will be no such thing as a legacy because Steph and Clays legacies are content there. I was hoping the league would avoid globetrotting players like La Liga etc but looks like that is where that is headed. Think about Kevin Durant's legacy had he come here or waited in LA. NBA is thinking too much about selling Stephen Curry as an everyman to relate to than the broader spectrum. Disappointing move as there were other options to obtain a ring.

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If you want a guaranteed win why not go to the Spurs? Why go to the one place that will make you look like the biggest b**** in the history of the league?

8. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

What a little b****. Fkin Jerry West.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess Dallas gets Harrison Barnes.

LeBron and Cleveland should thank their lucky stars they won the championship just now, because no other team, barring injuries, will sniff it for 3 or 4 years.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So all the internet tough guys calling him names, I have a question for y'all:
    is anyone who moves from like HP to take a similar job at Apple a "p***y" and a "beta" and all that?

It's his career and he doesn't give two craps what you think.

As for being "beta," I'm not sure if you noticed his current standing at OKC. You don't "alpha" a guy like Westbrook.

Don't get me wrong. I'm disappointed b/c now the league won't be as interesting -- it was already borderline boring to watch them blow everyone out in the reg. season -- and also, living in the Bay Area, I have to completely avoid local sports media b/c they will be fluffing the team 24/7. It was already unbearable, and I otherwise like to listen to sports radio.

11. sew

sew Member

Calling it now. Westbrook is going to win MVP next season.

12. stab

stab Member

Taking the LeBron route.

Now watch them get upset by San Antonio next year in the playoffs...

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bev + Brew for Russ.

Brewer has a ring, Russ doesn't. OKC needs championship experience. Do it, Mury.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Rockets are at least 39 years away

2 people like this.
  15. Rocketeer4Life

Anybody but the Warriors should win the title!
    I can't respect a p***y like Durant picking the easy way out!

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Westbrook needs to demand a trade here. Force them to take our spare parts and tank.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Trade Westbrook to CLE, block KD from winning by any means possible.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

It was pretty much going to GS for the next 5 years minimum. Might as well join them. Nothing for us to be mad about. We wont contend for another decade at minimum especially after Harden leaves in 2 seasons.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

my interest in NBA was already waning, now it's gone entirely

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i know nothing about cap spaces in the NBA...is GSW going to have to let some of their roles players walk to sign durant? i know barnes is gone...but what about bogut? is draymond locked up?