1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim doctor 'shot and stabbed' outside mosque in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc rock, Jul 3, 2016.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...stabbed-outside-mosque-in-texas-a7117031.html

A Muslim man on his way to morning prayer has been shot and stabbed outside a mosque in Houston, Texas.

Mohammed Imaduddin, a spokesperson for the Madrasah Islamiah Masjid Noor mosque near Bellaire, told news local news agencies the victim was a doctor, who had parked along the street before walking towards the mosque for the morning service.

Witnesses said the victim was appraoched by three masked men on foot before being stabbed without warning.

PD: man shot walking to mosque to pray was a victim of possible robbery attempt @abc13houston

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is it really? Dang.

Glad to read the victim is expected to survive.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3 lone idiots, I hope they are in the minority b.c with the access to guns and idiots in TX it could prove to be bad.

4. Buck Turgidson

Any local news on this? Strange it's a UK article.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So does the media announce every robbery victim's religion?

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/umVyjrV9w6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf is wrong with you? He wasn't robbed did you even watch the video? Nothing on him was taken.

RL you are a ****ty human being, keep that sort of stuff in the D&D.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

http://abc13.com/news/shooting-outside-sw-houston-mosque-leaves-victim-in-icu/1411728/

Worshipers at a Houston mosque say a man who was just trying to get to services was ambushed by three people outside a nearby apartment complex.

Police say it was an attempted robbery outside the complex on Bintliff and De Moss, near Bellaire.

Mohammed Imaduddin, who worships at the nearby Madrasah Islamiah mosque, says Dr. Arslan Tajammul was on his way to the 5:30am morning prayers when he was approached by three suspects. One of those suspects shot Tajummul.

Tajammul made it to the front entrance of the mosque, where he collapsed. The doctor was able to give his cell phone to someone inside the front doors and asked them to call 911.

9. trustme

trustme Member

If it was a robbery why would they stab him without warning? Aren't you supposed to threaten someone if you're robbing them?

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Apparently there is no evidence that this was a 'hate crime'.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You act like it's unheard of a scumbag thieve hurting someone in a robbery attempt. That mosque is located in a bad area. This wasn't the first time someone has been robbed on their way to that mosque.

12. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Guess we will find out once the victim gives his statement.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What a great Hangout thread gaiz! What kind of burrito was doctor eating right before he got stabbed? And was he listening to the new Fergie track?

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is the mosque I grew up with and my father was there this morning when the shooting happened.

I can tell you with absolute confidence that while the general area (Sharpstown/Alief) isn't the greatest, that community surrounding the mosque is pretty safe. Kids play outside and families leave their doors unlocked during the day. There is a church and a large charter school across the street that are very friendly and have no qualms about their kids playing in the area. If it makes any difference, Dream and his brother frequent it as well.

As for this incident in particular, I'm not ready to chalk it up to a simple robery just yet. Fajr prayer during Ramadan is pretty busy and has more attendees than usual.

And it would be ignorant to disregard the history of hate crimes at this mosque.

I hope the guy is okay

#14 shastarocket, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Really? You've never heard of a robbery victim getting stabbed or shot before being robbed?

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

There was a Muslim in Florida severely beaten up, now this doctor is shot dead beside his driveway which just happens to beside a mosque (seems targeted to me). I think the police calling it a robbery might be for the better, already read enough stories about violence growing against Muslims. Keep the copycats from finding their calling.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

FBI hate crime stats say hate crimes against Muslim aren't nearly as common as hate crimes against Jews (even considering the difference in population). Really we have very very few hate crimes in this country, but if any group is getting overly targeted, its the Jews.

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

? What :confused:

19. Buck Turgidson

Why? That's a rough part of town and he was walking by an appt complex at 5:30 AM, which is prime time/place to get jumped. We don't know enough yet to know much. I hope the guy's ok.

I would say the odds are better than usual (but not great) of these guys getting caught, HPD will have serious pressure on them.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's likely he revealed GoT book spoilers to some illiterates at Walmart.