1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ish Smith signs with Detroit, 3 yrs/18M

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madeinchin4, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Madeinchin4

Madeinchin4 Member

According to ESPN.com’s Marc Stein, Detroit landing former Philadelphia 76ers point guard Ish Smith for three years and $18 million, per the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Keith Pompey.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I honestly thought he'd be worth more. He was the main offensive guy in Philly, iirc, this past season.

3. conquistador#11

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

that means absolutely nothing lol.

5. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Wow gtfo morey, just get out Htwon

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, if there's only one or two guys to key on, when building a defensive plan, and he still does pretty well, that's not "absolutely nothing" to scoff at.

15/4/7?

If Lin can get 3/36, I see no reason why Ish can't get something like 3/30 or 3/27.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if those numbers show a result of less than 10 wins, they don't mean much at all. so in reality those numbers aren't worth much compared to a better player who has that exact same line. in conclusion those numbers are immensely inflated and empty under Ish Smith standards

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

theres no comparison bw Lin and ish. not even close. Lin was one of the better 6th men last year and a solid rotation player. Even contributes huge in the playoffs Borderline starter on a winning team. Not even close to what ish will ever be

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't understand your reasoning. A player Lin (for lack of a better example) had a Kemba / Al / Batum; Lin's line was better in part due to the defensive gameplans not always keying in on him.

In Philly, Ish was the main ballhandler and the only perimeter guy who actually did something; why should a player be faulted because his team stunk? There's been evidence of producing "empty" stats and getting paid big, but strangely, that's not the case with Ish.

I'm not saying he should get a max contract or anything, but 3/18 just seems low to me.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The world is ending!!! We didn't sign Ish Smith!!! Fire Murray!!!!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Lin takes Ish's place on the 76ers, how many more wins would that mean for Philly? I doubt it would move the needle, much.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why you actually think when NBA teams played philly they actually keyed on Ish Smith. thats just laughable. no idea why you think that contract is low. he's a guard teams sign when they need a 3rd string back up or when you're in the middle of the season and all your pg's get injured so you need to throw a cheap one out there off the street. Lin is a guy you recruit to be part of your regular rotation.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

his line definitely wouldn't be as mediocre as Ish's

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't feel as though you're giving Ish enough credit, but ok. Agree to disagree. I think he should be worth more, you think that contract is just right. Cool.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Absolute steal for Detroit.

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Dayum sick looking 13 assist against the timberpups ....
    Devastating.