1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moses Malone, Jr attacked/robbed outside V-Live. Blames Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IslandB.O.I., Jun 28, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

what new teammates don't want to go to Vlive. After all its been expanding into other cities lol

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Moses Malone Jr. was mad that Harden was charging $249 to attend his basketball camp for 2 days.

Steph Curry is charging $2000/$2250 for his 4 day camp. http://www.nba.com/warriors/currycamp/2016/

That's ridiculous.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

california prices yo

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

you mean hawaii, which is even more

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sounds like you know the same Lil Mo that I do.
    He's always been mouthy with a stunning lack of self-awareness.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree. When I first saw the story, I expected it to be way more. $249 is in no way an expensive camp for an NBA superstar, even for 2 days. Sounds like Moses Malone Jr was just trying to get his name out there, which I guess he was somewhat successful in.

I have no problem with giving Harden **** when he deserves it, but charging $249 for a 2 day camp is at the bottom of the list. And I like how Moses Malone Jr says that no inner city kids can afford that... but they'd drop that much on a pair of shoes. Story doesn't check out.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Suspects Charged

The son of NBA legend Moses Malone told cops the men who attacked and robbed him at gunpoint outside of a Houston strip club were looking to "punish" him for disrespecting James Harden in a Facebook post.

TMZ Sports has learned ... the D.A. has charged 4 men for the June 25th incident -- in which Moses Malone Jr. says he was pulling up to V Live when he was rushed by a group of guys who threatened him over the Facebook post. Malone claims he was beaten down, someone snatched his $50k chain and at least one person in the group flashed a 9mm handgun.

Malone told cops one of the alleged assailants -- Darian Blount -- is a bouncer at V Live ... and Harden is a "prominent customer at the location."

Malone told cops the men were upset that Moses had gone to Facebook to publicly criticize the cost of Harden's youth basketball camp in the days before the incident.

According to the criminal complaint, obtained by TMZ Sports, Malone told cops ... Blount said, "he had disrespected James Harden and that he need to be punished after that."

Blount and the 3 other men have each been charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

Important to note that James Harden has NOT been charged with a crime or accused of any wrongdoing. [/rquoter]

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Out of curiosity, if you order a hit, what does it take in the court of law generally speaking to prove you ordered it. For example, if the bouncer wanted to he could say Harden ordered it, but what if that was all they had, what else would they need if anything?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DA probably has video.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

All they would need is that one guys prosthetic leg

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Knew him in college. Was in my Mass Comm 101 class @ Tech... well he was there once or twice over the course of the semester.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

SMH, just like on the basketball court, Harden relies on 4 other guys to play defense for him.

6 people like this.
  13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Moses Malone, Jr should not be attacked for his words

but for his grammar...dude needs a spell check.

14. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lol repped

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You don't deserve harden

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Sounds like he is a b****, honestly wouldn't care if this was true

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I blame Les.

18. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Blames Harden has a nice ring to it.

I move to initiate a new nickname for the beard. "Blames Harden" since hes the one that catches all the heat for sucking it up last year.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

proof... or its just one persons word vs another... the da can decide whether or not to prosecute (based on the strength of the case) and the jury can give whatever weight they deem appropriate to each party... believe or disbelieve whoever they want...

as far as proof... phone records between the two, money trail (ie bank transfer), witness to the conversation, etc...

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Oh hell, now ESPN has picked this up.

So now this tidbit can be thrown out the window:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Moses Malone Jr. claims he was beaten and robbed for criticizing James Harden. <a href="https://t.co/mlvbfXtTTS">https://t.co/mlvbfXtTTS</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/756149268977770496">July 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>