1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hung out with Isaiah Canaan and Troy Daniels this weekend

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I was performing on the Carnival Conquest out of Ft. Lauderdale and ran into Isaiah on the flight from Houston. He, Troy and their ladies came to my shows on the ship.

I was kinda shocked at actually how big they both were in lieu of what they look like on the court. Troy was pretty quiet but Isaiah was friendly, funny and talkative. I hate talking too much shop about what I do and I assumed the same goes with the professional athlete but I did get some interesting tidbits out of Isaiah during the 2 times we hung out.

He is a free agent and loves D'Antoni. He worked with him when he was an assistant with the 76'ers and he says that when the time is right he's gonna reach out to him. He'd love to play for the Rocket's again if the situation was right. He also believes that Houston is a more attractive free agent market now for scorers because for D'Antoni's offensive schemes.

He volunteered information in contrast between him and McHale. He said that there will be more structure under D'Antoni. He said that while McHale basically allowed players to "do their thing", D'Antoni runs more plays for ball movement. He had great things to say about both coaches.

I wish there was something more newsworthy about what he thought about Harden but no, he likes James a lot and remained very positive about him during our conversation. I tried to push for some juice, but clearly he's a pro at keeping things very neutral. Nothing we haven't heard before other than how well he believes James is going to do in this system.

The girls they were with were funny too. They kept it all going with their randomness and people watching observations.

All in all they seem like two very well adjusted young men with their heads firmly in the right place.

And no, I didn't ask him if DHo is a homosexual. LOL.

20 people like this.
  2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

+1

Yeah, good info. I am a bit worried what will happen if things don't start off well early into the season with the MDA scheme. Will he pull a Carmelo and start ignoring plays? If this happens this could end up badly with Harden wanting to dip.

3. basketballholic

Both guys fit.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Topics about ball fondling are better left unspoken.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Dwight is a down low brother.... always has been.

He gave Ryan Anderson some nasty bruises on his thighs and back.

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

What's this?

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao. The Dwight incident was the first thing I was going to ask about. Nailed it with your closing line.

Cool story bro.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Very cool info...

Why do you think there should be any dirt on Harden?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Has Canaan recovered from Dwight's crotch grab?

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Great info, AB ... thanks for sharing.

Canaan just turned 25. I was thinking he would become a better three-point shooter than he has shown, but 36.3% on very high volume is certainly not bad. He has not been effective inside the arc at all. I would think he projects as a gunner off the bench only.

1 person likes this.
  11. arjun

arjun Member

Would much rather target Ian Clark.

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I would like either of them for low salary. Glad to see both came from a Houston flight meaning they still have ties to the city.

Cool Story bro :grin:

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great stuff, AB. Appreciate you sharing.

I wonder how both would be as gunners coming off of the bench? I'd like to add a little more size in free agency with the ability to shoot, but who wouldn't.

14. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Thank you, AB--sincerely--for a thread on this forum that isn't absolutely ****ing stupid.

It's unbelievably refreshing.

1 person likes this.
  15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That's what's up

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cool info. Sounds like a fun time, too. thx for sharing.

Oh, and surely you have pics.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yes to Daniels, no to Canaan.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

He certainly revealed a lot when you delivered his pizza order , thanks for sharing though

19. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I waited on two Pittsburgh Steelers at the Shamrock Hilton. Biggest guys I had ever seen. Two complete unknowns, and I was an avid NFL fan back then. When I got behind the kitchen door I had to laugh, shake, giggle and point because they were so hugenormous. I wasn't making fun or anything, it was just emotional being next to such bizarrely huge human beings.

Both complained they always left a restaurant hungry. I got the chef to special cut a couple of steaks. Weak tippers.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"I don't have pictures.....and stop calling me Shirley."