1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toddler dragged into the water by an alligator at Disney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HoustonTexas, Jun 15, 2016.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/child-dra...t-florida-104853646--abc-news-topstories.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: 2-year-old boy attacked by alligator, while vacationing at Disney resort. Search continues for the boy. <a href="https://t.co/BQcNGbzoVg">https://t.co/BQcNGbzoVg</a></p>&mdash; Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) <a href="https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/743031482550083585">June 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

My God... what horrifying news. :(:(

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hard to imagine experiencing something worse than that. Terrible news.

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Jesus man, I may never go to Florida.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

damn...orlando is just all sorts of ****ed up

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No signs warning about gators, but a kid is attacked and taken away by one? Wow...

Couldn't imagine what that family is going through. Literally their whole world, gone in an instant.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Great morning reading material

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This makes me so sad :(

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Not that this makes it a difference but there were signs saying not to swim in the water.

Either way, it was a mistake any family could have made. Sad stuff...

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think there are signs about no getting in the water. I'm not sure what a gator warning sign would do anyways. Sort of like a falling rocks sign.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

More stupid parents that refuse to follow the rules.

The water area had no swimming signs and let their kid play it it anyway. It was around 9pm.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Article said they were "relaxing at the shoreline" -- Doesn't mention anything about them being in the water.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

A gator warning sign would alert people that gator's are in the water. The family was from Nebraska, they may not have been aware that gator's are pretty much everywhere in Florida.

15. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Even if there were signs about alligators, stop trying to blame the parents, they have suffered enough and will live with guilt everyday. Can't imagine what they are going through.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Are you a monster? Ish happens, no need to cast blame.

btw, reports indicate they were not swimming. The kid was standing on the grass near the water.

Signs may or may not have helped. But it wouldn't be much effort to put in signs so why not? I've been to Florida enough that I wouldn't let my kids or pets walk near the waters edge. Not everybody has direct experience.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm from Germany and know it, you'd expect US citizens to know about Florida wildlife, especially regarding alligators and snakes. Plus they were on vacation there and could've guessed something is wrong when there's a sign warning of getting into the water.

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Having a 2 year old toddler myself, I can't even and don't even want to comprehend what the family is going through.

To all the ppl saying "there were warning signs" or "parents not following the rules", a toddler doesn't comprehend warning signs and instructions from parents like we or an older child does. Sometimes you get distracted and poof, an accident happens. I understand you have to stay on top of your child at all times, but it's little relapses that occur that result in tragedy.

My prayers go out to the family

1 person likes this.
  19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I would say there is some mental comfort when you're staying at a Disney resort that there won't be alligators in the water near the hotel.

Disney is going to get an incredible lawsuit over this one.

Just beyond tragic. Imagine this family going to Disneyworld for their kids to have the time of their life, and their 2 year old gets killed by an alligator while at a Disney resort. Unbelievably awful.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reduce the Disney payout from a God-load to a mere ****-ton.