1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. tksense

tksense Member

Sure with this version of Curry, the dubs ain't winning even close to 73 games too.

Curry still doesn't look right, whatever the reason. Missing open shots and no twisting finishing at the rim. Playing with a timid demeanor too I think from knowing he can't take over like throughout the season.

I don't believe it's the defense because he badly misses open shots too while through 82 games it rarely happens (misses badly).

The playoff dubs is far inferior to the 24-0 or mid-season dubs, isn't this clear?

The Bulls were more consistent, tbh even in the playoffs i felt they shouldn't have lost twice to the sonics. So for consistency the Bulls proved to be the better team, which includes weathering injuries and suspensions :grin:

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hes getting worked on the defensive end. Has been all playoffs. You can't hide him in the playoffs to many great players. He's actually exerting himself on that side of the floor and teams are being very physical with him in the playoffs this season. He's constantly getting hammered on screens and picks his body can't take it.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Historical performance by Lebron and Irving, hats off to them, let's see if they can do it again.

4. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

There's definitely truth to that.

But you can't tell me that his ankle and knee injuries also are a non-factor and he is 100% recovered from those.

To me its definitely some of both.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm sure his ankle is bothering him a bit but you can't make excuses. They didn't make excuses for the teams who had injuries last year and got moped by healthy Warriors team in the playoffs. Bottom line is he's been a major disappointment. Especially for a unanimous "MVP"

6. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Well there's a big difference to me whether someone is a major disappointment because he is 100% healthy and just not playing well vs someone coming off major ankle and knee injuries that anyone objective will know don't heel with the minimal amount he had to rest and recovery.

That being said, injuries are part of the game. That being said his ankle and knee injuries are a factor that if you are objective you have to take into account if you want to be fair about evaluating his overall performance.

If James or Irving were playing sub-par but came off of major ankle and knee injuries, there would likewise be factors you have to consider as well.

7. tksense

tksense Member

Sure if your explanation that "his body can't take that" defending, why is it preposterous to speculate how his body can take the multiple fall on his knee, ankle, and metal bars on his elbow and shoulder etc and come back without any dent to physical condition?

Whenever he's asked that, he replies "I'm fine" and "everybody's banged up" so he isn't making any excuses, that is not to deny that his multiple falls aren't affecting his condition. It's pretty clear.

He also said with a huge smile that as long as FMVP is one of his teammate he's happy with it. He never even tried to take over like he normally does throughout the year. This part is mental, and could be due to him knowing he's limited. He air balls those same make-able crazy shots now.

What I'm saying is that this playoff dubs team is mortal because we don't have the same Curry, for whatever the reason internally.

It is not the cavs D, and Curry plays D throughout regular season too.

Green can be replaced by committee bogut on bigs, iggy livin on wings etc; but once bogut is out, out goes the last the rim protector/ anchor/ conductor of confidence they have on that end.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Green is not replaceable by committe

9. dmoneybangbang

I can't imagine Bogut is coming back. The Cavs have a real shot if they dominate the glass, like OKC did.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tom Izzo said Draymond felt &quot;That passion of feeling like he let his teammates down, his city down, his owner down.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/tNy44VDdzo">https://t.co/tNy44VDdzo</a></p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/742814455554150401">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Of course he did, he let himself get suspended because he cannot control his own actions.

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

LeBron and Kyrie can't keep up that shooting. GS will end it for sure in game 6

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Irving vs. Curry through 5 games:

[​IMG]

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Green is fake, don't care about his cry story.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

All he has to do is not kick people in the balls.
    Its okay now because he is in the spotlight and he's getting fairly positive press (he went on a ball kicking rampage and only got a one game suspension), but once the positive spotlight fades, he'll be getting flagrant fouls every game some unwarranted just like Dwight, just like Ron Artest, like Matt Barnes, etc.

That reputation is going to hurt him when (if?) Golden State falls off.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Lebron last year played without his 2 best players and for most of the playoffs logging heavy minutes and fighting fatigue to keep his team afloat.

Curry is moving fine, cutting fine... You can watch the games and see that. It's just that OKC and CLE are playing some terrific defense with length, size, athleticism, and physicality that you don't see during the reg. season.

You really can't believe Curry could have duplicate his reg. season shooting prowess in the playoffs did you? It's a different game in the playoffs compared to the reg. season. You have to adjust your game a little bit.

The Warriors are so deep that if Curry dips, they're still the best team b/c they're loaded everywhere.

17. i3artow i3aller

Bogut will almost assuredly be sitting out game six, right?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You probably just bought yourself a ticket to watching Curry 3peat next season while averaging 35 points a game while healthy. Have fun with that.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. DreamRoxCoogFan

This year's playoffs has proven that Steph is the third most important player on his team.