1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[BREAKING NEWS] Will Smith shot and killed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Apr 10, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

#61 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree it was a stupid decision. Not arguing that at all.

I'm just asking how you can claim self defense when you shoot an unarmed woman once in each leg, and the shoot her husband eight times in the back?

If someone shot my wife in the legs, they'd have to kill me, too, because I'd be looking for any weapon possible.

Also, not that I'm defending a drunk driver, but .23 could be different, impairment wise, to each person. While .23 is a high number, depending on ones tolerance to alcohol, you may not be able to see a huge outward effect. You probably could, and she probably knew how much he had drank, but I've literally seen a functional alcoholic that you could hardly tell was drunk, and he tested a .55.

Not trying to defend the guy, as he clearly made some bad decisions, but you guys need to quit using your jump to conclusions mats, and let the facts be the facts.

You're all smarter than that.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm fine with CC. But in a responsible way. It's in no way your job to chase down a guy that had a very minor fender bender with you, road rage him 100x worse, and then kill him because he's "avoiding arrest." That type of Conceal and Carry is outrageous.

There's a very good chance Hayes didn't know Smith was drunk at the time, either.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Make sure you go looking in the car that has someone in it, after telling a guy with a gun you plan to get your loaded gun to shoot him. I'm sure the guy with a gun will wait for you to turn around with your gun and move in such a way that he is not in the line of fire of other people.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

For the record, I think Hayes deserves harsh punishment and grossly overreacted. The only justification for self defense is if Smith threatened Hayes with his gun. I think that's a stretch, but I haven't heard eyewitness testimony towards that.

Shooting Smith 8 times and in the back, ehhhh, not buying that as self defense. I can't tell if shooting the wife was collateral or intentional, either.

I do think Smith's actions, BAC, and threats should play into the severity of punishment for Hayes.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Found guilty of manslaughter

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This thread always makes me cringe

Plowman and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

**** this thread got me again.

heypartner likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

((shaking fist emoji))

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Should surprise me that a thread about a dead black person went the way it did, but none the less I am still surprised.

DudeWah and FranchiseBlade like this.